Orange AD140 HTC (question)

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

williewonka2k1

Post by williewonka2k1 » Sat Jan 11, 2003 2:26 am

I am very interested in purchasing this. My only concern is it apears there is no reverb according to the site. What pedal might I consider buying to solve this problem?

I rock the Partay that rocks the body.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Jan 11, 2003 4:50 pm

First off, you don't need reverb with an Orange. When you hear the sound from this thing, you're going to realise that it doesn't need anything else. For years, I never used any effects with my Orange but really needed to with my Marshalls.

Having said that, any good reverb pedal or rack reverb should be fine. It will have to go into the front of the amp because there isn't an effects loop. I use a Replifex and have had very good luck with it. Billy

MountainOfJudgement

Post by MountainOfJudgement » Mon Jan 13, 2003 8:58 am

Don't even worry about that reverb stuff. Buy the head, plug it up, and listen........... Honestly man, you don't need it. The thing is sooooooo clear it rings by itself. Get one before it's too late.....

Chad Davis - guitarist of MOUNTAIN OF JUDGEMENT

williewonka2k1

Post by williewonka2k1 » Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:25 pm

Get it before its too late... Whats that supposed to mean!!?! Are they going to stop the production of them??

MountainOfJudgement

Post by MountainOfJudgement » Wed Jan 15, 2003 4:15 am

I'm not sure man. I was just saying to get one before it's too late. Before they do stop making them. The guy that sold me my AD140 Custom shop head said they were only going to make 2 more custom shop heads. How absolutely true that is I do not know. I just got a 1960's Orange head made by Matamp, 100 watts non-master volume, serial # 85. Absolutely gorgeous............

bigbear

Post by bigbear » Wed Jan 15, 2003 7:05 pm

I tried every reverb available in belgium, the best I found is the Boss RV 3. Don't even try any Alesis or other digital stuff. But most of the time Idon't use it.

Bigbear from El Loco (Belgium )

bigtone

Post by bigtone » Wed Feb 12, 2003 4:03 am

Buy one. You will not regret it. Sounds killer by itself...needs no pedals of any kind!!!