Favorite Radiohead album?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

ClamMan
Orange Expert

Post by ClamMan » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:06 pm

As a guitar player, I really like 'The Bends'. 'In Rainbows' would be #2.
The Quahaugs
My band, my music, my gear
http://www.thequahaugs.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Quahaugs/316363379010" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/thequahaugs" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

cassiopamusic
Orange Expert

Post by cassiopamusic » Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:25 pm

you can't have ONE favorite radiohead album. is this some sort of joke?
zac
RF

yell tennis
Rocker

Post by yell tennis » Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:03 pm

Mine is Amnesiac, which used to be my least favorite album to the point that I would never listen to it. Then I gave it a listen a couple years ago with my studio monitor headphones and it's been my favorite ever since. I love all their albums though, especially disc two of In Rainbows. 4 Minute Warning is possibly my favorite Radiohead song of all time.

SimpleTone
Rocker

Post by SimpleTone » Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:30 am

The Bends and OK Comp.

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:17 pm

The Bends and OK Computer are both great albums, I don't think I can pick between them. I never put any other Radiohead album on any more, I used to love Pablo Honey when I was in my mid teens but it sounds like a very immature and inconsistent record now when I listen back to it with a critical ear.

I didn't buy any album after OK Computer, just totally fell out of love with their music at that point. People say they're innovative, pushing boundaries etc... perhaps. But I am left cold by it, it doesn't say anything to me or connect with me on a meaningful level. Also, Thom Yorke has tragically wandered over the fine line between tortured beauty and pure whininess.
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

sheedbg
Tiny Terror

Post by sheedbg » Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:57 pm

I am a big Radiohead fan...I'm not surprised to see so many "Bends" and "Ok Computer" lovers on here, but I am suprised to see so many that like "In Rainbows" so much. Nothing about it has stricken me yet, it doesn't even really sound like new material, more like "Hail" leftovers. I simply am not getting the album, probably requires multiple, multiple listens (like all good music does, particularly Radiohead).

Not being critical by any means, I just hope to understand this album a little better, as I will likely hear the whole thing this summer in concert as well
Rockerverb 50
PPC 2X12
Parker Nitefly Mojo

vchizzle
Rocker

Post by vchizzle » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:20 pm

Probably OK Computer...it really depends on my mood though. Pablo is a summer album - drive down the highway with the sun out. Bends, reminds of rain for whatever reason. Kid A and Amnesiac are kinda distant and disconnected...but I relate to that, I was kinda like that when they came out, so I like them both. Hail reminds me of meeting my girlfriend - I introduced her to radiohead(not literaly) and we saw them on this tour. In rainbows to me is very soothing, I love it for that reason. I love Eraser as well, just got it not too long ago. Haven't got into Jonny's Bodysong...I've had it for forever, just haven't given it a shot.

markjazzbassist
Orange Hero

Post by markjazzbassist » Mon Feb 18, 2008 6:40 pm

ok computer or in rainbows
1969 Fender Jazz Bass
Former Pics Only OR120 Owner (hope to own one again soon!)

NiallB
Orange Master

Post by NiallB » Mon Feb 18, 2008 7:00 pm

I like whichever one I'm listening to
Fender Mexican Telecaster with seymour duncan pickups.
<br />Keeley Compressor:Ernie Ball Volume:Crowther Hotcake:Voodoo Labs Sparkle Drive:Ibanez TS-808 Reissue:Boss DM2:Boss DD6
<br />
Orange AD30TC Combo