Rocker 30 stack ?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

manwithgun
Tiny Terror

Post by manwithgun » Thu Jan 10, 2008 12:37 am

Hi,

I currently have one of the old British made 1x12 cabs that i use with a tt!

I was thinking that a rocker 30 stack would be pretty sweet, buti was wondering whether my cab will be thinner than the rocker? Because i heard the new cabs are wider than the old ones to accomadate the heads or something?

So would i have to sell my cab and get one of the new ones in order for them to match?

Thanks

GiantKiller
Rocker

Post by GiantKiller » Thu Jan 10, 2008 1:13 am

Yes, the newer cabs are made to match an Orange head, where the older British cabs match the Rocker 30 Combo. If you were to sell your cab to me through some another means than this forum, as that would be against the rules, I would be the happiest man alive. Seriously, sell me your cab ... but not on this forum. Send me a message at http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=35992418 if you're serious.

GiantKiller
Rocker

Post by GiantKiller » Thu Jan 10, 2008 2:19 pm

bump... Hey, manwithgun, you still out there. You got my hopes up, so if you are serious, get a hold of me. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=35992418

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 3:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GiantKiller</i>
<br /><b>Yes, the newer cabs are made to match an Orange head, where the older British cabs match the Rocker 30 Combo.</b> <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

The new 112 cabs and heads are all the same (relevant)dimensions as the Rocker 30. I have an R30 Combo and new PPC112 and they stack to the millimeter.

manwithgun
Tiny Terror

Post by manwithgun » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:17 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GiantKiller</i>
<br />bump... Hey, manwithgun, you still out there. You got my hopes up, so if you are serious, get a hold of me. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=35992418
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

GiantKiller thanks for the keen interest, i was asking whether the rocker 30 would match my cab and you said that it would!

So ill keep it and get a rocker 30 i think, Blainy you say that you new ppc112 matches the rocker 30 but if the new cabs are wider than how can the rocker match both the old cabs and the new ones? Unless they make rockers wider now?

Thanks

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Thu Jan 10, 2008 6:28 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by manwithgun</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by GiantKiller</i>
<br />bump... Hey, manwithgun, you still out there. You got my hopes up, so if you are serious, get a hold of me. http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... d=35992418

GiantKiller thanks for the keen interest, i was asking whether the rocker 30 would match my cab and you said that it would!

So ill keep it and get a rocker 30 i think, Blainy you say that you new ppc112 matches the rocker 30 but if the new cabs are wider than how can the rocker match both the old cabs and the new ones? Unless they make rockers wider now?

Thanks

Could be that the Rocker is wider, but I don't think so. I know there have been changes in dimension and the PPC112 is a <b>different</b> size from the British made ones. All I can tell you, with complete confidence, is that the Rocker 30 Combo and the Chinese PPC112 come with different coloured tolex[:p] but identical dimensions. I can also tell you that conventional screwdrivers could not remove the screws on the back panel of the Rocker cab - I had to use my drill on Maximum torque setting and it still took about a minute per screw!:x

GiantKiller
Rocker

Post by GiantKiller » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:32 pm

The Chinese cab that was made for the TT is a bit wider than the original British cab, which matches the Rocker Combo. If they are making new cabs that match the combo, tell me how to get one shipped here and I will do the rest. They must match in size and color, as the Chinese cabs are also a bit reddish in hue. Could care less about the speaker as I can easily change that, and probably will. The rocker head is as wide as other standard Orange heads, so is a bit wider than the combo. Manwithgun, are you looking to get the combo or the head?

Blainy: The Chinese ppc112 that I stacked with the R30 combo was noticably wider, so much so that I was deterred from buying it. I am admittedly pickier than most, but just knowing that the proper matching extension cab is out there is cause for me to wait.

manwithgun
Tiny Terror

Post by manwithgun » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:47 pm

i'm looking to get the combo!

Might have been a bit confusing actually, sorry i should have said that earlier !

GiantKiller
Rocker

Post by GiantKiller » Thu Jan 10, 2008 10:55 pm

No worries. You should have the correct cab for the combo, and it should be sweet rig. Very jealous here.