Orange/Green amps???

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Riot

Post by Riot » Mon Dec 02, 2002 8:39 pm

I recently saw a live performance of a band that had a couple half stacks that looked EXACTLY like an orange half stack, but it was bright green, and said Green instead of Orange everywhere that a normal Orange would. Is this a new line, a cheaper/foreign line, or anything else? please help, thanks.

what up
what up

pegboy

Post by pegboy » Mon Dec 02, 2002 9:37 pm

the green amp that you saw is "green" by matamp...
who is matamp you ask? matamp was founded by matt mathias . matt was the original designer ,and partner of the original orange amps. after a couple of years with orange matt split off and created matamp, who still produces amps today. they are still point to point hard wired like they were in the old days(with a few changes of course). i have researched them quite a bit, and then decided to order "black" matamp gtx (new 2002 model). i should have my amp coming in from the U.K. this week........i cant wait!!! you can find them on the internet if you want to check them out. as far as cheaper....i think quite the opposite.....these amps are top of the line.....dave at matamp uk makes them all by hand one at a time.

http://www.blackamps.com

if they are anything like people say they are, it going to be an awsome amp!!! wish me luck!!

Edited by - pegboy on 02 Dec 2002 21:43:20

Edited by - pegboy on 02 Dec 2002 22:06:27

Edited by - pegboy on 02 Dec 2002 22:09:53

speedking

Post by speedking » Wed Dec 25, 2002 3:24 pm

In fact Matamp was before Orange... ;)

...then was Orange-Matamp (like the one Jimmy Page used) and then in eary '70s first Orange was born....GRO100 and simillar pics-only, they say....