The official chistmas gear acquisition thread

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:09 pm

I didn't get a single piece of gear, and I'm really glad and happy that my wife didn't get me anything guitar related.

I got a coat, and a dremel tool set (which will come in handy for all the projects I do!), and some games and such. Congrats to all on the gear acquisition front! (Good idea Billy!)

Mondayeyes
Orange Expert

Post by Mondayeyes » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:31 pm

I got an X2 wireless (which is by far the best wireless unit I've ever played) and an EB Volume Jr. from my bro. I am quite satisfied.

And with some of the money, a Jazzmaster is going to be coming soon!
-andy

Bad Cat Hot Cat 2x12
US Telecaster
72' Telecaster Deluxe
Epiphone Sheraton II
Various Pedals used in moderation
----------------

Band
www.myspace.com/hushhushcommotion

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:39 pm

No gear here...but that's cause there's nowt I wanted. Some fantastic prezzies though, and a tortoise in the New Year, so I'm happy!

Merry Christmas all by the way!
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Frank H
Orange Master

Post by Frank H » Tue Dec 25, 2007 6:46 pm

Got a bunch a crap. What is it about gift cards that people don't understand? Got slippers that don't fit, jeans that don't fit, a guitar strap that's uncomfortable, cologne that I didn't ask for and don't like.
The best thing about Boxing Day is that Christmas is OVER.

Not to sound ungrateful but...A hearty handshake and sharing a dring with those close to you is what it's all about. Ready to throw that stupid tree out .

AMO.Nick
Rocker

Post by AMO.Nick » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by MSP</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by AMO.Nick</i>
<br />I am getting a Dave Smith Instruments Evolver analog synthesizer. I am very excited for it to arrive.

Merry Christmas everyone!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Ohhh I'd love one of those. desktop, mono or poly version?

I am just getting the desktop. I'd really like the MEK for the extra control but it's just too expensive. It will be a perfect addition along side my Alesis Micron and Korg MS2000R. Analogue!!! : )
Gear::

Gibson Les Paul Classic
Fender Strat
Fender MusicMaster Bass
Rocker 30 Combo
PPC212

My Electronic Music::

www.algebraicsatellite.com/home.html

animapersa
Orange Master

Post by animapersa » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:07 pm

i didn't get any new gear besides a pack of strings and a john mayer continuum songbook. but i did score a gps and a decent electric razor :)
Pierce

Mesa Boogie F-50, Gibson Les Paul, 1993 Peavey Preditor w/ texas specials, 1993 cij fender telecaster aerodyne

effects- lexicon mx300, seymour duncan tweakfuzz

Dopp238
Orange Hero

Post by Dopp238 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:28 pm

I got a rain suit for my motorcycle, a fullmetal alchemist pocket watch from my little brother, and a bose iPod dock which sounds AMAZING! Because everyone else is back on the mainland I told them to save their money on sending me things because shipping it here costs so much.

I'm treating myself to all the gear I posted about a couple days ago so I'm excited about that. And I'd like to say that I agree with Christmas being about spending time with people you love. We all enjoy gifts, but I'd give back everything I got in order to be with my family today rather than being stuck here in hawaii... those of you who get to spend today with your family, you are blessed, and I hope that you dont take a single second of that time for granted. Merry Christmas to all of you and have fun playing with your new toys!!
Daniel.

AD30HTC / PPC412 / PPC212 / 92 Les Paul Studio / 07 Fender Tele

Seth96
Tiny Terror

Post by Seth96 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:45 pm

EHX small stone, and an ibanez TSDX9 tube screamer pedal or whatever its called lol and of course some stringys
Mcgee!

domo1002000

Post by domo1002000 » Tue Dec 25, 2007 7:53 pm

This christmas has cost a fortune,

Brought myself orange rockerverb 50 head, 2x12 cabinet and a fender telecaster deluxe 3 colour sunburst,

Don't want to check my bank balance but its all worth it with the sounds im making now :)

notagain

Post by notagain » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:00 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Tango</i>
<br />No gear here...but that's cause there's nowt I wanted. Some fantastic prezzies though, and a tortoise in the New Year, so I'm happy!

Merry Christmas all by the way!

The tortoise?
Now that tops all gifts!
Merry Christmas young lady!

;)

notagain

Post by notagain » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:06 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Frank H</i>
<br />Got a bunch a crap. What is it about gift cards that people don't understand? Got slippers that don't fit, jeans that don't fit, a guitar strap that's uncomfortable, cologne that I didn't ask for and don't like.
The best thing about Boxing Day is that Christmas is OVER.

Not to sound ungrateful but...A hearty handshake and sharing a dring with those close to you is what it's all about. Ready to throw that stupid tree out .
Wish your day had been better Frank...

I got absolutely "zip" and couldn't be happier. I still have my
wonderful wife, and great friends, and one of the gifts I sent a very
dear friend made her so happy it made Christmas really worthwhile and super for me.

I still have decent/fair health, what more can I ask for...all of you on the forum are
Awesome, for that I am also very thankful!

:):D:)

robchappers
Orange Expert

Post by robchappers » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:21 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Neiloler</i>
<br />I didn't get a single piece of gear, and I'm really glad and happy that my wife didn't get me anything guitar related.

I got a coat, and a dremel tool set (which will come in handy for all the projects I do!), and some games and such. Congrats to all on the gear acquisition front! (Good idea Billy!)

Man I would love a dremel!! You can scallop your own necks with those :)
Rob Chappers
Monkey Lord
uk.youtube.com/RobChappers
http://www.monkeylord.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.chapmanguitars.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

notagain

Post by notagain » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:25 pm

Thought we already decided scalloped necks
were for sissy's....

Just kidding my friend, just kidding!

But now I am sure Neil will have to try it!

:):D:twisted::twisted::D:)

greyvents
Orange Expert

Post by greyvents » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:27 pm

diy scalloping of necks sounds dangerous!

what does it do anyway?
Mark

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Fender Classic Player 50s Strat
Orange TT, PPC 112
Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo

notagain

Post by notagain » Tue Dec 25, 2007 8:33 pm

The biggest thing they do is turn your hair black and give you
a neatly trimmed black beard. Oh, and a nice black leather jacket...
Kinda like that Rob guy...

[:p][:p]:twisted:[:p][:p]