VINTAGE ORANGE SPEAKERS

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

dodridge

Post by dodridge » Wed Nov 20, 2002 10:14 pm

Hi does anyone have any vintage orange speakers for sale or know where i can get them, im looking to replace my vintage celestions! if so please get in touch

[email protected]
www.invinyl.co.uk

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Tue Nov 26, 2002 8:51 pm

Take a look here:
http://www.celestion.com/pro/dist.htm

I paid $120 Canadian for mine. U.S. prices are around $112 U.S..
Not sure what they would be in pounds, probably around 100.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Nov 29, 2002 6:07 am

Personally, I wouldn't touch vintage speakers with a 10 foot pole.... I'd rather have a new Celestion Vintage 30- older speakers are tired- those cones have gone back and forth who knows how many times- and probably need a recone- so just get new speakers that sound great to begin with. I have two old Marshall cabs with original greenbacks, an Orange cab with original Eminence, and another Orange that I retrofitted with Vintage 30's. The Orange with the V30's is the best sounding cab out of all of them. If I had the $$$ I'd load them all with V30's. But I don't so there you go...

Celestions in England ought to be a LOT cheaper than what we pay for them here in the states- although I have seen V30's for $89 somewhere- might be Manny's in NYC. billy

Monkee23

Post by Monkee23 » Sun Dec 01, 2002 3:59 pm

Or are you talking about actual Orange speakers as opposed to Celestion. I've seen some but they're hard to find.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Dec 01, 2002 5:47 pm

Orange speakers? I'd be shocked to find that they actually made any speakers when Celestion/ Fane/ eminence are so available. Maybe you saw some that just had an Orange label pasted over the magnet. Very common practice amongst amp manufacturers- Marshall did it too but they never made a speaker. I've never heard that Orange made any speakers ever. But who knows.... Billy