Need Suggestions for Broken Orange

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

rob-riss

Post by rob-riss » Wed Nov 13, 2002 9:18 pm

Hey Guys,

Well, I just bought a new Orange AD30 combo off of ebay and i've ran into a dilemma. FedEx decided to drop it or smash it along the way, and now the entire speaker panel is detached from the cabinet and loose inside the amp. There is an 8-inch tear in the tolex along the top, which makes me wonder how structurally sound the wood is underneath the tear. FedEx currently has the amp and they're assessing the damage, and of course i'm going to make a claim. I'm just curious about two things:

1. Is there possibly any additional concealed damage i should be concerned about?

2. All the screwholes are stripped, so i'm going to have to re-drill the panel back into the cabinet front. Is there anything i should keep in mind while doing this?

Thanks for your ears guys,
-rob

p.s. The amp does work, and sounds incredible!

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Nov 14, 2002 6:00 pm

wow.... the way these things are built, I would have expected it to have killed someone if it was hit hard enough to loosen screws and tear loose the baffle... but if the amp is working then, I guess they are still built like tanks. However, I would be very concerned about hidden or long-term damages. If it was me, I would refuse the amp and get damage $$$. Billy