Jazzmaster vs. Jaguar....Let me know!!!!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun Oct 14, 2007 8:55 pm

Who looks cooler?

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Sun Oct 14, 2007 11:48 pm

Elvis looks cooler.

I say go with the Jazzmaster if you want the twang. To be honest they're both kind of thin sounding on the bridge pickup so you'll want to change it regardless, if you don't like it too thin.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nightclub dwight

Post by nightclub dwight » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:52 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notagain</i>
<br />I also didn't like the
other volume and tone control up on the top

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Jazzmasters have the up top volume and tone controls too.

MSP
Orange Master

Post by MSP » Tue Oct 16, 2007 5:54 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by nightclub dwight</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by notagain</i>
<br />I also didn't like the
other volume and tone control up on the top

Jazzmasters have the up top volume and tone controls too.
That's only when you switch from series to parallel (or is it parallel to series?) either way it's only for one mode.
http://www.myspace.com/sleuthband" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:03 pm

Yeah, but I think the two guitars are wired the same...

hmmikey
Tiny Terror

Post by hmmikey » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:27 pm

I'm a big fan of Jazzmasters... As a Les Paul man, with a side-ways love of Teles ('72 Thinlines and Customs to be precise). The Jazzmaster provides me with a nice alternative. I own a '62 Jazzmaster in Olympic White, which I love. I'm not a fan of Strats, the shape and everything... whilst I recognise their use in a studio environment (I also own a '62 Strat), I'm always looking for something different live, for my 'studio-strat-based' songs. The Jazzmaster delivers on that front, but in the back of my mind, I would like to buy a Jaguar too. One of those Sky-Blue Metalic ones. GAS is a dangerous thing, isn't it. At the moment I've got crackings for a 12-string Rickenbacker, Vintage '70s Telecaster Custom, Gretsch Chet Atkins, a Gypsy-Jazz acoustic and another Strat. I wouldn't mind getting hold of a nice vintage precision bass too, but that's another matter. Life, ehh!!!
Mesa Boogie Lonestar 2x12 Classic Combo
Marshall JCM 900 4100 Head
Orange OTR 120 Head
'65 Fender Twin Reverb Amp