AD30H or AD30HTC ??

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jruano

Post by jruano » Wed Oct 30, 2002 8:17 am

Hello guys,

First of all I will introduce myself since this is my first post in the forum. My name is Javier and I'm from Spain. I still have no orange amp but I'm planning of getting an Orange head soon (I already have an Orange 2x12" cabinet).

I've narrowed my search to either the AD30H or the AD30HTC. I sure would like an AD50 but it's out of my budget right now and I need an amp. These are my questions I hope you don't mind answering:

- Which one of the two AD30 heads do you think sounds best?... The second channel of the Twin Channel version would be nice, but I don't want it if it messes with the tonal response of the amp?... Which one of the two has the better tone?... Are the two channels of the AD30HTC voiced exactly the same or are any differences?. I'll be using the head for classic rock and southern rock (think stones, faces, allmans, skynyrd, crowes...). Do not doubt to add any comments you find useful.

Thank you very much
Javier

Javier
Sugar Mountain
http://www.hyago.com/sugar_mountain
[email protected]

gearnut
Tiny Terror

Post by gearnut » Wed Oct 30, 2002 1:57 pm

I have the ad30htc. The two channels are similar, but different. Channel 2 is brighter and has more gain. There is no master volume for both channels, they're independent. Personally, I find channel 1 doesn't cut with my 2 guitar band, so I end up using channel 2 all the time and I clean it up with a volume pedal. I sometimes use channel 1 and my vox valvetone for leads to get a vol. boost.

I've played the ad30 and liked it alot. It seemed chimier to me, more sparkly. It didn't have enough gain for me though. I kinda think with what you're going for, the two channel might be better. You can get a variety of tones out of it, more than the ad30, which sorta just does one thing.