So how is Billy Claire these days??

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:14 am

I know you have a big task taking care of your mother.Believe me I have been there.I hope all is going well with you.
Paint it blue 4 soul.

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Thu Aug 30, 2007 2:49 pm

Yeah Billy, hope everything is well.

Tango
Orange Master

Post by Tango » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:00 pm

Hope all is good Billy.
http://www.radio-clash.com/fr_home.cfm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

feider
Lord of Orange

Post by feider » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:45 pm

Hey Billy, hope all is going alright with you too.
My name is Scott. This is my other forum. http://bluesguitar.forumcircle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Frank H
Orange Master

Post by Frank H » Thu Aug 30, 2007 5:59 pm

Looks like Billy is busy so I'll take this one for him untill he has time to respond. Situation with his Mom is the same as far as I know. Billy's been busy moving and doing a lot of work to the family house. It's shaping up but it looks like he'll be living out of boxes for a while. The end of the month (and the summer) came quickly and he also went back to work (school)a couple days ago. All this and we've been gearing up for what is usually our biggest show of the year this Sunday. A 2 hour set at a big outdoor venue right here in town. pics to follow.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:03 pm

Well, some of you know that I've been renovating my parents' house since it's in a trust and I became trustee of the trust when my mom went into the nursing home. Since I can't afford the taxes and my apartment rent, I worked on the house all summer (mostly 12 hour days!) and painted, tore apart the kitchen, cleaned, threw out stuff, tore up carpet, etc. Since she and one of my brothers were smokers, the whole house needed a LOT of attention. I moved in last weekend... tough because I really loved my apartment- and it's been a learning curve as to all of my routines for getting out the door in the morning changed. But it's a cool house- on a lake- and The Allens are rehearsing there. I haven't finished the kitchen yet, but it's getting there.

Plus faculty meetings started this week so I'm out straight with that.

And my mom's doing OK. A little confused sometimes, but really good otherwise.

Thanks for asking and the support!

corky newman
Orange Master

Post by corky newman » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:40 pm

Just knowing that your mom was in that house must be a cool vibe....?

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:02 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by corky newman</i>
<br />Just knowing that your mom was in that house must be a cool vibe....?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Well.... sort of. I lived there from age 14 to when I moved out, and I have to say I HATE knotty pine paneling. Which is what the living room, bedrooms, and the downstairs playroom are covered in...

The nicotine covering EVERYTHING was a nightmare of repainting and scrubbing- also, repainting the ceilings in the kitchen, living room, bathroom, and dining room are a massive undertaking since there are exposed beams with molding. Usually with a ceiling, you cut the edge around the perimeter with a brush and then roll the ceiling- takes very little time. With this, you have to cut inside each beam and then brush the ceiling. Took forever just to do the bathroom and kitchen. I'm not even touching the living room and dining room til later this year. The good news though is that I can knock that off bit-by-bit over the winter with minimal impact on furniture moving and the like.

The house also has probably zero insulation in the walls, too, making this winter a potentially expensive heating bill. It was originally a summer cottage on the lake, and became "winterised" but not thoroughly. It is pretty cool though... just was never in any plan I ever had....

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 3:02 am

Painting and renovations are my game.I hate the living hell out of painting,but it costs 15-20K to paint my house so I guess I am a painter.Now I know why them boys drink so much.
Paint it blue 4 soul.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:56 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bluz57</i>
<br />Painting and renovations are my game.I hate the living hell out of painting,but it costs 15-20K to paint my house so I guess I am a painter.Now I know why them boys drink so much.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Supposedly, house painters have the highest incidence of alcoholism over any other profession...

It has to be bad overall- overtaxing your liver to get rid of the paint and solvent chemicals and then adding alcohol or tobacco or who-knows-what to the mix...