ad 200 bh+1x15+4x10

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jouni

Post by jouni » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:05 pm

well...
i bought these about 4 yr ago , now i have many km done. my ad200bh have Mr.Norman Watt Roys signature , and at same gig , i also had Mr. Wilko Johnson autograph at my fender bassman (used off course at guitar...)
Fender bassman is now retired , i'll guess guitarist's nowadays don't like old tubesound. when playing hard.
BUT my Orange stack ... that will do fine.... Most bassist i have ever met , they had like'd the orange sound , no need to drive PA about lousy DI-boxes , Stack will sound good at farest corner at club.

i have turned many heads off the ambeg ownwers , i'll guess the only few of them have the opinion that ampeg is the only good sound..

orange rocks !!!

beats ampeg for every time...

-jouni-

Borderline Productions
Orange Master

Post by Borderline Productions » Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:50 pm

Welcome to forum! I added it up and you moving around 98 kg (215 lbs) of gear!

I once saw a t-shirt that said "Roadies love Ampeg!" Now after caring my 212 cab around (only 28 kg (60 lbs)) we nedd a t-shirt that says "Roadies love Orange!"

I'm with you on bass through a DI. My sons had a gig last night and were told by the sound guy at the venue to leave the bass amp at home because they would run bass through the board. Big mistake. They played well anyway.
Bob

http://www.purevolume.com/oxymora" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

paulb
Orange Expert

Post by paulb » Tue Aug 14, 2007 9:06 pm

Yup, that's my rig too. I've had 2 SVT rigs over the years and I think the Orange is much easier to move since the head is so much lighter than the Ampeg. I just use a two wheel dolly to roll the cabs around. :)

Besides, the Orange has the tone! 8)

Oranges are sweet!

doombass
Tiny Terror

Post by doombass » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:02 pm

My rig also though I have the BPE115 cab, not the OBC115. Best sound I (and many others who played it) ever heard.