No longer RV owner..

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Aug 15, 2007 5:00 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by knivesforteeth</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br />Just sold my Rockerverb today
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

does the rv100 just not have the sound you want?
what sorta music do you play in general?
<br />
Sure, the rv100 sounds great, no doubt, but my Marshall 2061X sounds better, not to mention the Ormat. And I'm pretty sure that my new Matamp will sound better than any Orange amp available.

I play rock music, pretty conservative, check it out!
www.myspace.com/thelyndonseven
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:52 am

Way to be Andy, though it's a crazy change (moving from one extreme to the other some might say), like Mark said, if it floats your boat, do it. I find that a good SS amp (which do exist) is good to have when you enjoy your pedal sounds. I've come to love my setup, as it gets me a cool sound not found in lots of the local bands (or most bands, for that matter, in my opinion at least), but I know that if I changed amps or even tubes, it could change a bit on me. SS gets you consistency.

Tone is like bull riding. If you understand the nature of the beast before you get on, you'll be better equipped to enjoy the ride.

<font size="1">whoa...that was actually pretty deep....;)</font id="size1">

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:05 am

as for soild state i still wanna find one of those 10w SS brian may vox practace amps just for kicks, those sound great and you can run your signal through it and just use it as a treble booster lolz:mrgreen:
valve.(((J0HN)))Resident village idiot
and some tech helper type said, "Gee, Mr Atkins, that guitar sure sounds fabulous!" Chet put the guitar on it's stand and said, "Well, how does it sound now?"

BayofPigs
Orange Hero

Post by BayofPigs » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:16 am

Diggin your band Orphin!!!!

What amps did you use in the recordings?
Orange OR120
Matamp Legend 120
Matamp 4x12
Fender Jazzmaster
www.myspace.com/tommyjarvisband

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:12 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by BayofPigs</i>
<br />Diggin your band Orphin!!!!

What amps did you use in the recordings?
<br />
Thanks! :)

The demo is recorded live, so the two guitartracks are simply linked from the Memory man to the Marshall 2061X (panned right) and the Orange RV (panned left).

I think I got a pretty decent tone like that.
David

Mondayeyes
Orange Expert

Post by Mondayeyes » Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:23 pm

I agree, I'm really liking the sound of your guitar Orphin
-andy

Bad Cat Hot Cat 2x12
US Telecaster
72' Telecaster Deluxe
Epiphone Sheraton II
Various Pedals used in moderation
----------------

Band
www.myspace.com/hushhushcommotion

knivesforteeth
Rocker

Post by knivesforteeth » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:40 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br />www.myspace.com/thelyndonseven

sounds a slight bit like the offspring/pennywise with a definite twist

your tone is really awesome though
<font size="1">timmy

<b>gibson</b> sg standard (bridge: '57 classic ; neck: 490r)
<b>orange</b> OR50H
<b>orange</b> PPC212V30

<b>tubeworks</b> provalve 60 head [<b>WANT IT?</b> PM me]</font id="size1">

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:18 pm

Thanks guys, though Offspring is a first.
I haven't really heard Offspring since that album with "You gotta keem 'em separated", but I heard they like play this "babyrock" kind of music nowadays.
I hope you don't think we sound like that.. :?
David

hellhazard
Orange Expert

Post by hellhazard » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:22 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by knivesforteeth</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br />Just sold my Rockerverb today

does the rv100 just not have the sound you want?
what sorta music do you play in general?
<br />
Sure, the rv100 sounds great, no doubt, but my Marshall 2061X sounds better, not to mention the Ormat. And I'm pretty sure that my new Matamp will sound better than any Orange amp available.

I play rock music, pretty conservative, check it out!
www.myspace.com/thelyndonseven
a 1224 is going to take those tunes to different hights Orphin.
..never seems to amase me the amazing bands that come out of Sweden, especially Karlstad. I see Sparzanza on your myspace list, Ive been a fan of thiers for almost 10 years since I heard a tune of thiers called Liquid Thoughts
-Vito

140watt Matamp GTv TwinChannel
ImageImageImage

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:30 pm

Cool, both the bass player and one of the guitarists in Sparzanza are good friends of mine..
David

bobbypfalcon
Orange Expert

Post by bobbypfalcon » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:22 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by neonrust</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kungfu</i>
<br />As far as I remember Andy would also sell his RV100, come on will I be the only RV100 owner:evil:
It's a nice amp..

You are correct!!!!:D It has been on Craigslist for a week now. May have to go to "The Bay" with it. The RV100 is a great amp, I am just tired of tubes![:0][:0] That means the Krank is on its way out too.

2 of these and my catalog of pedals will replace them!:)[:0]

I find it hard to believe anyone who's played guitar for more than a year or two could EVER get sick of tubes. I won't say there aren't decent solid-state amps out there - but "decent" is really all you can hope for tonewise.
It's not snobbery to simply know what sounds more lifelike and pleasing to the human ear. I can understand selling an Orange to get a custom Matamp - but a Roland? Tone-deafness may be a concern here because the RV's tone is so empirically superior it's ridiculous. hmmmm

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:28 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bobbypfalcon</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by neonrust</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by kungfu</i>
<br />As far as I remember Andy would also sell his RV100, come on will I be the only RV100 owner:evil:
It's a nice amp..

You are correct!!!!:D It has been on Craigslist for a week now. May have to go to "The Bay" with it. The RV100 is a great amp, I am just tired of tubes![:0][:0] That means the Krank is on its way out too.

2 of these and my catalog of pedals will replace them!:)[:0]

I find it hard to believe anyone who's played guitar for more than a year or two could EVER get sick of tubes. I won't say there aren't decent solid-state amps out there - but "decent" is really all you can hope for tonewise.
It's not snobbery to simply know what sounds more lifelike and pleasing to the human ear. I can understand selling an Orange to get a custom Matamp - but a Roland? Tone-deafness may be a concern here because the RV's tone is so empirically superior it's ridiculous. hmmmm

Careful slick shoes, the snobbery police will be all upons! Each ear is different, and if it works for Andy, then I say do it. I like tubes, and I advocate tubes when I have the chance.

But Andy is handy,
And owns a Handy Andy,
And will do what ever he wants
To sound oh-so-dandy.

Thank you.

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:38 pm

Just a quick note.......Tone deafness has to do with a difference in pitch not a difference in amplifiers.

BTW......Are you a Kyuss fan?

Good day Mr.Falcon:) and thanx Neil.:D
((((((((((((((((((((((((Andy))))))))))))))))))))

dylan
Orange Master

Post by dylan » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:41 pm

hey andy, are you really getting a jc-120 they are seriously cool man i wouldnt mind one my self 8)
~Ian~

Gigady, Gigady, Gigady!

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:46 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by dylan</i>
<br />hey andy are really getting a jc-120 they are seriously cool man i wouldnt mind one my self 8)

Yo Ian!!!!!!:) I am giving it some serious thought. There is some other solid state and hybrid rack gear I'm checking on also.

How you been?
((((((((((((((((((((((((Andy))))))))))))))))))))