Rockerverb 50 head? Is it really any good?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Borderline Productions
Orange Master

Post by Borderline Productions » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:25 am

Bower give excellent advice. Try these amps. Buy the one that grabs you. All of them are good amps. If you buy a good amp now, it will sound great for the next 40 years or so. How much are the good amps from the 60s and 70s going for these days? See, you got off cheap.
Bob

http://www.purevolume.com/oxymora" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

AntiFlag

Post by AntiFlag » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:53 am

I have the rockerverb 50 and i have to say that it is the most versatile amp i've had. I've been able to get nice warm cleans but also hi gain distortion. This won't give death metal gain but it gives me gain for most of the music i play. I've been playing a lot of every time i die, heavy heavy low low, the bled, poison the well, circle takes the square, and fear before the march of flames on this amp and it sounds great. also sounds great for punk. this is the only gain that can have great hi gain sound and great cleans. I usually keep the gain just under all the way up at like 3 o clock. I had the choice between this or a triple rectifier and i liked this way more. the triple rectifier was way too loud and sounded too bland compared to this and i was only using the gain at like 12 o clock max.

Orange Jr.
Orange Expert

Post by Orange Jr. » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:54 am

nah,orange sux.go get a marshall mg100hdfx stack with a digitech metal master and death metal. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-mihai

AntiFlag

Post by AntiFlag » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:09 am

i hope you're kidding. I also forgot to mention that the orange really makes your guitar shine, meaning if you're trying to play a squier through it and expect to use lots of gain to make it sound good, you're wrong.

bower
Orange Expert

Post by bower » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:37 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orange Jr.</i>
<br />nah,orange sux.go get a marshall mg100hdfx stack with a digitech metal master and death metal. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-mihai
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x:x

G&L Legacy, Brian Moore i2000, Orange AD30R :D

Stooja
Tiny Terror

Post by Stooja » Tue Jun 26, 2007 10:50 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orange Jr.</i>
<br />nah,orange sux.go get a marshall mg100hdfx stack with a digitech metal master and death metal. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

-mihai

heh yeah i think i'll go do that :p

Ok anyway thanks very much for the advice guys! I think one of my main concerns actually is looking through posts people have been saying it doesn't cut through well and it sounds muddy etc...
is this really true? one of the main factors for me getting a valve amp was so i could actually be heard! is it just because its slightly compresssed and people are more used to the less compresssed i.e. AD30?
RV50 + PPC212
ibanez S470DX
boss dd-3
crybaby wah
mxr micro amp
mxr 10-band eq

http://www.myspace.com/the_paperfaces

lvmuthearth

Post by lvmuthearth » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:30 pm

hey there...in response to your questions about the rockerverb 50 head...check out my post on June 3 2007...:D
Peace, and disturbance thereof,

rockerverbed head

<b>{{{ RV 50! }}}</b>

Gibson SG
Epiphone LP
80's Jackson
Ibanez RG . . .

<b>CATBOX</b>
The Hudson Valley's Premier Black Sabbath Garage Band!

phillyred79
Rocker

Post by phillyred79 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:22 pm

The type of distortions possible on the RV 50 through a 2x12 matching cab go from clear overdriven blues at 11 O'clock on the gain to AC/DC like crunch at 2 O'clock and full out gain maxed sounds to me like old school Pearl Jam. The distortion as others have said sounds loose depending on your guitar and how much bass you mix in. However I find with an Eq pedal I can tighten it up a little and make it track a little more focused. If you want something really tight and focused off the bat you might want to try a Mesa/Boogie Dual Rec. or a Stilleto. Sound is so subjective so take what we say with a grain of salt. Also, don't get too wrapped up in an amp having an effects loop. Effects loops are best for pedals that work with time phasing such at delays, choruses, etc. If you think about it some of the best songs ever recorded (hendrix, zeppelin, etc) went straight through the front driving the preamp so...

BListic
Orange Master

Post by BListic » Tue Jun 26, 2007 5:49 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by phillyred79</i>
<br />I just bought my RV 50 head and 2x12 cabinet today and although it was pricey it was definitely worth it!! I also bought a Mesa/Boogie Express 5:25 combo and that amp is really really flexible for a combo with 10" speaker. Check out my videos on YouTube- search for 'phillyred79'

Nice videos phillyred. that video of you and ur friend singing since youve been gone is hilarious too.
Bryan
Southern California
=====================
That's the most powerful trank gun on the market!
=====================