ot are you happy with your setup?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

feider
Lord of Orange

Post by feider » Mon May 21, 2007 2:57 am

I can say I am, finaly. As far as amps and guitars, I am happy, but as for pedals, I still want to check out the others in the bbe line. Mainly the treble booster.
My name is Scott. This is my other forum. http://bluesguitar.forumcircle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Mon May 21, 2007 3:08 am

I would say Pretty much. A HR-50 would be the only thing left to get. Although, I am Satisfied with what I have. Guitar wise, I have a SG, Axis, and Invader. That does cover most of what I would want to play.
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

animapersa
Orange Master

Post by animapersa » Mon May 21, 2007 3:11 am

eh, I'm not really satisfied with my guitars. my bridge pickup on my strat died, and the result is this:

so now i get to go get pickups. its a cheap old strat copy, so maybe a new strat is in order. I also want to get a bone nut on my les paul and tone pros on the bridge. other then that i am happy
Pierce

Mesa Boogie F-50, Gibson Les Paul, 1993 Peavey Preditor w/ texas specials, 1993 cij fender telecaster aerodyne

effects- lexicon mx300, seymour duncan tweakfuzz

Mondayeyes
Orange Expert

Post by Mondayeyes » Mon May 21, 2007 3:49 am

You know, I was actually thinking about this earlier, and it always seems like theres something on my list to get. Amp-wise I'm totally satisifed, I'd like another guitar (perhaps a gibson double cut with P90s or some guitar with P90s), and as far as pedals go (never been a huge pedal guy), I just aquired an EHX holy grail so now I'd just like a delay of some kind (looking at the echo park because I don't require much out of a delay)
-andy

Bad Cat Hot Cat 2x12
US Telecaster
72' Telecaster Deluxe
Epiphone Sheraton II
Various Pedals used in moderation
----------------

Band
www.myspace.com/hushhushcommotion

Aslan
Orange Master

Post by Aslan » Mon May 21, 2007 4:04 am

Right now I'm pretty satisfied with my guitars and amps, in fact today I was thinking that some of my favorite recordings from the 60's & 70's were done on amps that nobody knew that they were suppose to bias, never traded the speakers for others, didn'y buy expensive guitar cables, etc, etc. It is easy to get obessed with equipment and forget that Jeff Beck would just grab an amp and play.

Gear:
Retro 50 & PPC212
RV50H & PPC212
65Amps Royal Albert
65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS David Grissom
PRS Prism
PRS Santana MD
PRS 305
PRS Hollowbody II single cut
PRS Sunburst 22

notagain

Post by notagain » Mon May 21, 2007 4:04 am

Believe it or not I am very satisfied with my current
equipment status as well. Of course something will come
along soon, I am sure...But it will have to replace something
I already have. Have all the pedals I want, and am no longer
looking, thank god!

Still have 8 electrics, and 4 tube amps, bunch of 1x12 cabinets.
Only thing missing might be an acoustic guitar...but if that
becomes an issue, it will replace some of the other gear!

Heartsndspades
Orange Master

Post by Heartsndspades » Mon May 21, 2007 4:07 am

nope, i need a few things yet. im stockpiling some money at the moment trying to decide what.. and trying to offload my grabber.
Bass: orange-ad200b, obc4x10, obc1x15/ ampeg b-15/ fender Jazz/ 74' gibson grabber/ peterson stobeostomp/ ehx deluxe memory man/ malekko b:assmaster/ voodoo labs pedal power 2+/ monster bass cables
Guitar: Fender 69' Tele Thinline/ Ampeg B-15
*korey*

bluntage
Tiny Terror

Post by bluntage » Mon May 21, 2007 4:13 am

Nope... in fact, I am currently going through an equipment renaissance! I've been replacing everything since January:

PRS CE22 for Gibson Les Paul BFG,
Mesa Dual Rectifier for Orange Rockerverb 50,

and, very soon, Mesa Recto 212 for Avatar Vintage G212 (probably).

Also, I've been eyeing a ton of pedals... delay, OD, and/or fuzz.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."

Brad

guitarmy50
Orange Expert

Post by guitarmy50 » Mon May 21, 2007 4:21 am

I've got yet two things on my list to pick up: an MI Audio Crunchbox and a Fender Tele. Those are the two constants on my list of things to pick up. I'm considering getting a cheap semi hollow like a Dot or a Sheraton, and I continually go back and forth between whether I want an SG Jr. or not.

guitarphil

Post by guitarphil » Mon May 21, 2007 4:23 am

I finally have everything I need, maybe a fender strat in the future though.

notagain

Post by notagain » Mon May 21, 2007 4:26 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by guitarmy50</i>
<br />I've got yet two things on my list to pick up: an MI Audio Crunchbox and a Fender Tele. Those are the two constants on my list of things to pick up. I'm considering getting a cheap semi hollow like a Dot or a Sheraton, and I continually go back and forth between whether I want an SG Jr. or not.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

For the money the Crunch Box has no equal!
They are killer!

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Mon May 21, 2007 4:34 am

mostly.:) with the retro on its way (kinda) i the only things want are a jazzmaster(with an added warmoth baseball bat neck),and a mutronics mutator.

[though the wish list has a new fuzz&wah, and an es-295 for my rockabilly moments. that and iv yet to find THAT acoustic but thats the thing ill just know when i play it]
valve.(((J0HN)))Resident village idiot
and some tech helper type said, "Gee, Mr Atkins, that guitar sure sounds fabulous!" Chet put the guitar on it's stand and said, "Well, how does it sound now?"

bower
Orange Expert

Post by bower » Mon May 21, 2007 6:50 am

Yes I'm happy

But I could always be happier!

G&L Legacy, Brian Moore i2000, Orange AD30R :D

twisted99
Orange Expert

Post by twisted99 » Mon May 21, 2007 7:06 am

Now that I have my ASAT I am extremely happy. I still want another orange hustler, a tiny terror, and a few more pedals but overall I am really liking my tone. The rest is just GAS!
Steve
1983 Gibson Firebrand "The SG Deluxe"
1987 G&L ASAT
Schecter Damien with GFS mean 90s
Rivera Knucklehead 100
Avatar contemporary custom blue 2x12 with eminence governers
Lots of Pedals
Orange Micro Crush

Secondhand Dan
Orange Master

Post by Secondhand Dan » Mon May 21, 2007 8:04 am

I'm not that happy with mine. The Les Paul Special has a signature on it so I feel bad playing it, the strat doesn't suit all my needs, and I'm in the middle of redoing my pedalboard. I need to sell a Boss ME50 and a fernandes Retrorocket to get the cash for the pedals though. Damn ebay has let me down again. I also want one of those Hot Rod 52 Telecasters very badly.
'65 Guild Starfire III--Custom 52 HR Tele--Custom Hollow Strat--BYOC Phaser--ZVex Box of Rock--EB VP Jr--Oler ABY--Malekko 616--Tech 21 Boost RVB--AD30r--Orange TT