Just got a one of a kind from Avatar!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Secondhand Dan
Orange Master

Post by Secondhand Dan » Thu May 17, 2007 11:08 pm

So I just upgraded from a Marshall DSL100 to an Orange AD30HTC, and I needed a new cabinet to match the beautiful orange tolex. To my surprise, when I visited the overstock page on Avatar's website, there was a prototype 212H Premier with orange tolex, 2 Hellatone 60L's, open back, gold piping, and black and gold basketweave grill. I called them up the next morning and apparently they made it to take pictures of it and now were selling it brand new. Its a beauty and I am so happy!

Also, I have a Gibson Les Paul Special signed by Les Paul himself. I really want to build a rosewood telecaster from warmoth parts though. What do you guys think I should do, wait or sell the LP on ebay now?
'65 Guild Starfire III--Custom 52 HR Tele--Custom Hollow Strat--BYOC Phaser--ZVex Box of Rock--EB VP Jr--Oler ABY--Malekko 616--Tech 21 Boost RVB--AD30r--Orange TT

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu May 17, 2007 11:12 pm

Hmmm, I'd say ditch the LP and go with a Warmoth tele. I love Warmoth, I think they've got one of the nicest set of perks out there: fully customizable, GREAT quality, and a pretty good resale value. Their paint job is pricey, so if you're going with something like rosewood for the body, you might ask them what you can do yourself as far as a finish goes, so as to avoid their $200 body and $100 neck jobs (they again do a WONDERFUL job, it's just pricey....). My $0.02.

Awesome cab too!

Secondhand Dan
Orange Master

Post by Secondhand Dan » Thu May 17, 2007 11:14 pm

Yeah, I need to save up a little more cuz an all rosewood tele from warmoth would put me back 1200 with pups and everything. I just dont know if i could rake in anywhere near that much for the LP. Im banking on the autograph getting me some extra leverage but i dont know
'65 Guild Starfire III--Custom 52 HR Tele--Custom Hollow Strat--BYOC Phaser--ZVex Box of Rock--EB VP Jr--Oler ABY--Malekko 616--Tech 21 Boost RVB--AD30r--Orange TT

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu May 17, 2007 11:20 pm

Well, that's true. It all depends. I would say you'd have to decide how much you like the LP and how much the signature is worth to you. If you feel you wouldn't get what you would value it at by selling it, then hold onto it.

I'm in the same boat (kinda): I want a new Warmoth strat, but I'm a little short on the dough. I'm going to paint it though. How much you think you could get for the LP + sig? Does anyone here think that getting a certificate of authenticity would help in the sale? I'm not a expert in stuff like this...:?

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Fri May 18, 2007 2:40 am

thats rad man. id hold on to the paul, warmoth arent going anywhere and if you undecided then it best just to chill for a while. try playing only your strat for a while and see hoe much you miss it...
valve.(((J0HN)))Resident village idiot
and some tech helper type said, "Gee, Mr Atkins, that guitar sure sounds fabulous!" Chet put the guitar on it's stand and said, "Well, how does it sound now?"

Heartsndspades
Orange Master

Post by Heartsndspades » Fri May 18, 2007 3:41 am

looks nice man.. whos your paul signed by? and what makes your cab a prototype?
Bass: orange-ad200b, obc4x10, obc1x15/ ampeg b-15/ fender Jazz/ 74' gibson grabber/ peterson stobeostomp/ ehx deluxe memory man/ malekko b:assmaster/ voodoo labs pedal power 2+/ monster bass cables
Guitar: Fender 69' Tele Thinline/ Ampeg B-15
*korey*

jamison162
Orange Master

Post by jamison162 » Fri May 18, 2007 4:24 am

So how are you liking the pair of Hellatone 60L's? I'm assuming you're running an 8 ohm cab because those speakers only come in 16 ohms. Guess that's ok to do...but I've always thought you should run @ 16 ohms most of the time with Oranges to utilize all windings on the OT.

Anyone have an opinion on this???

hellhazard
Orange Expert

Post by hellhazard » Fri May 18, 2007 4:39 am

Why would you sell a Les Paul what is personaly signed to you by Les Paul himself? Just as a keepsake itself it will be invaluable in the future.

Tha cab looks nice too. I wish they made GREEN cabinets
-Vito

140watt Matamp GTv TwinChannel
ImageImageImage

notagain

Post by notagain » Fri May 18, 2007 4:51 am

I'm with Vito. I personally don't know how much more, if any
you'd get for the Paul. The fact that Les Paul signed it is
really cool. I would keep it to!

I have an old Carvin that Billy Gibbons signed for me back in
the 80's. I never play it, don't particularly like it, but the
fact that Billy signed it for me, to me, makes it a piece of my past
that I will always cherish and remember. The sentimentality is much
more important to me than the money.

Secondhand Dan
Orange Master

Post by Secondhand Dan » Fri May 18, 2007 5:03 am

Yeah, I guess you guys are right, I just really want a tele and have no money because I just bought the amp haha. When Les Paul signed it, I kinda felt bad because its the best guitar I have and I feel bad playing it. Its probably true that it will be invaluable in the future though.

Its a prototype because they made only that one for pictures on their website they tell me. Its the only one with gold piping.

The Hellatone 60L's are really nice. I used to have a 4x12 with 2 vintage 30s and 2 G12H30s and this cab is much tighter. Even though its an open back cab, the bass response is very tight. I love the cab it articulates the sound really nicely and carries the upper mids and treble nicely. I really recommend them especially with the L rating because of the base response. They really sound like they have been played for a while, which is the point i guess.