Orange amps?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

XPolly8LithiumX

Post by XPolly8LithiumX » Sun Sep 29, 2002 2:39 am

Hmm...Ive only heard of these things just like a month ago,Im just curious what they sound like and quality and how versitile they are?...Im not sure but I think Ive seen an Old Ozzy/Sabbath video and he was using them and also a Tina turner video?.

ko-ko10

Post by ko-ko10 » Thu Oct 17, 2002 5:50 pm

i've also seen them in the sabbath and old tina turner videoes. the smashing pumpkins also used them on their tour after the double CD came out. they're also in a couple U2 videos, and the kids from oasis have them all over the place.

they really are good amps. i use just the power amp section of mine (i've got a rack system for the front end), and it gives me all the tube warmth i could ask for. i've got one of the older 120-watt heads. i know i tried out several amps (including marshall and mesa), and they didn't really suit what i wanted.

i know that when i plug striaght in to the front of my amp, it like the way it sounds too. you won't be able to get that "over the top" distortion like on the mesa amps, but you can get a nice full tone that's probably more useful to more people.

coy

VintageJon
Rocker

Post by VintageJon » Fri Nov 01, 2002 5:32 am

Orange is loud as 2 drunks on St. Pat's Day and very clean.
If you want over-the-top distortion get a good pedal.

New Orange amps are much closer to the originals in build quality than
anything else I've seen on the market. I fix amps every day for a living and know quality when I see it. They are right next to the old
original Hi Watts for workmanship/parts quality. This is an amp you
could plan to keep for the rest of your life- unlike the new Fender and Marshall Reissues and Reissues-Of-Amps-They-Never-Made.

I highly recommend them.

-Jon Bessent
Tonecraft Amp Repair
Austin Tx