Your favourite acoustic

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Borderline Productions
Orange Master

Post by Borderline Productions » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:51 pm

I have had my Martin D25K for 22 years and love it. There is only one other guitar that has tempted me. Two of my friends have D35s from the 70s. The D35 sounds better finger picked, the D25K sounds better for single line leads.

I've played some nice Taylors, but none were in the "you have to buy me" category.
Bob

http://www.purevolume.com/oxymora" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tafarel
Orange Expert

Post by Tafarel » Mon Apr 30, 2007 2:54 pm

I like my National Delphi, and play it most of the time instead of my Guild, Martin and Del Vecchio guitars.
-Tafa

Guitars: EJ Stratocaster, '60 Stratocaster, '63 Tele Custom Relic Ltd, '62 AVRI Jazzmaster, '57 CS Les Paul Goldtop, '76 LP Special, HFender Precision Bass

Amps: Marshall Super 100JH, Marshall 1987x w/1960TV cab, Fender Super Reverb, Fender Deluxe Reverb, Marshall 1962x

PopnFresh
Orange Master

Post by PopnFresh » Thu May 03, 2007 12:47 am

Ive just bought a fender telecoustic, for when I do solo jazz stuff, mainly as its got both a lipstick tele pickup, and a normall piezo pickup so its got a really nice wide range of tones. Now all I need is a fender acoustictone amp and it will sound lush!

stonecoldrefusal
Tiny Terror

Post by stonecoldrefusal » Thu May 03, 2007 1:24 am

You guys have got to help me with this one, but I've got my eye on an Ovation Celebrity double neck 12/6 string. Apart from the obvious Richie Sambora connotations, can any of you please come up with some decent reasons to dissuade me from buying it? My missus is reduced to shaking her head in despair. I tried one out in town a few weeks ago, and the phrase 'guilty pleasure' might almost have been coined for that moment. :oops:
Rock n' roll never really goes away...
http://www.last.fm/user/st0necold/

WannaBWeiland
Orange Master

Post by WannaBWeiland » Thu May 03, 2007 2:17 am

Hey Bluz, how are those GS's? I heard the sample on the Taylor website and they sound BEEEAAAUTIFUL! Just wondered how they play and what not.
Gear:
'93 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Breedlove Studio C250/EO
Mesa Stiletto Ace
Mesa Vertical 2x12
CAE wah, Pitchblack, BB Preamp, Timmy, DM-2W

...and The Rumsfield

Pete27
Tiny Terror

Post by Pete27 » Thu May 03, 2007 9:13 am

Maton EBG808CL!
beeauutiful guitar :)

hero
Tiny Terror

Post by hero » Thu May 03, 2007 11:06 am

Takamine, Takamine, Takamine
Jason Turner.

shindigmachine
Orange Master

Post by shindigmachine » Thu May 03, 2007 3:35 pm

anyone ever heard of Durango guitars? they make some really nice acoustics for pretty fair prices.

i've had my eye on this one at the local guitar shop. it sounds absolutely perfect. it's my ideal acoustic sound.

http://www.sagamusic.com/catalog/detail ... uctID=B-44
Hi. I'm Brad. i play a Gibson Melody Maker RI through a...

Orange RV100H &
Mesa Lone Star 410 w/2 Celestion G10s and 2 Weber Thames 10s

pedals; Barber Tone Press, Robert Keeley BD-2, EHX Micro POG, SIB Mr. Vibromatic, Line6 Echo Park, AKAI Headrush E2, and a custom loopmaster pedal. all on a furman SPB-8.

this band is done but a new one is in the works;
myspace.com/morninggrey734

shindigmachine
Orange Master

Post by shindigmachine » Thu May 03, 2007 3:49 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hero</i>
<br />Takamine, Takamine, Takamine
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

i don't mean to hijack, but hows that MXR 102 compressor?
Hi. I'm Brad. i play a Gibson Melody Maker RI through a...

Orange RV100H &
Mesa Lone Star 410 w/2 Celestion G10s and 2 Weber Thames 10s

pedals; Barber Tone Press, Robert Keeley BD-2, EHX Micro POG, SIB Mr. Vibromatic, Line6 Echo Park, AKAI Headrush E2, and a custom loopmaster pedal. all on a furman SPB-8.

this band is done but a new one is in the works;
myspace.com/morninggrey734

21rush12
Orange Expert

Post by 21rush12 » Thu May 03, 2007 4:10 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Pete27</i>
<br />Maton EBG808CL!
beeauutiful guitar :)
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Hey, went watching Tommy Emmanuel a few months back, within the the first 2 minutes I wanted to lay my acoustic to rest for good.....holy mother, how good is he...????[:0][:0][:0][:0]
Johnny

Hobie
Rocker

Post by Hobie » Thu May 03, 2007 4:11 pm

Ovation 1778T; there is something special about these. And the price is very good as well.
Matamp C7

hero
Tiny Terror

Post by hero » Thu May 03, 2007 9:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by shindigmachine</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hero</i>
<br />Takamine, Takamine, Takamine

i don't mean to hijack, but hows that MXR 102 compressor?
haha its wicked.... i had a boss CS-3, and tried a few other compressors... and the MXR owns them all...
Jason Turner.

chawonkey

Post by chawonkey » Fri May 04, 2007 4:20 am

I once played a limited addition Taylor made of koa. That is the sweetest guitar I've ever played. The price was pretty nasty though.:(

Bentfinger
Orange Master

Post by Bentfinger » Fri May 04, 2007 4:51 am

I went to a Show at NAMM sponsored by Taylor. Doyle Dykes played for an hour on his custom made ones.. Then Jim Messina came out and played for 2 hours, with several guests, 2 backup singers (muy bonita senorita's), and 2 custom Taylors.. Un- F'n Beliveable, but my drummer was in drummer Hell the whole time. After the show, I went up to Jim to compliment him on the show. He was being smoozed by some corporate type,and I waited quietly for 5 minutes. He told the smoozer to hold up, looked at me, and asked " are you a Player?" I said " In my mind I am", and he asked me. "Which of my 2 Taylors sounded the best? I said " The red one was crisp, and rang like a bell, but the other one was dull and flat". He yelled for "Taylor" and said "see, I told ya". Nicest guy in the world, and appreciated my honesty. Anyway, I play alot of Taylors the next day at their showcase room. I liked the tone of many of them, and was inpressed by the craftsmanship and quality. My son has a real nice Taylor.. But I bought an Alvarez 12 string for 500.00 instead of the much nicer Taylor 12 string for 3500.00. Yes, Big difference in quality, and asthetics. But the ALV. plays, and sounds every bit as good.. In 10 years, The AJ6012 will be worth 200.00, and the Taylor will have appreciated. But.. I also Liked the Takemine's, the Guilds, and The Hummingbird and Dove Gibsons.. I've played some Martins that I liked, but not at that show... My 1st Acoustic was a Yamaha that made my fingers bleed!!! Play em all man!!
http://www.myspace.com/fragilexrock
www.reverbnation.com/fragilex

"I Wanted To Be A Rock Star, But I Must of Been Standing In The Wrong Line"