OTR120 combo amp made in the 1990's.

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

St.Germain

Post by St.Germain » Mon Sep 16, 2002 6:20 am

Greetings,
i just signed on board. I am interested in purchasing an Orange OTR120 combo amp made in the 1990's. Any thoughts on this amp would be greatly appreciated. i like the blues. I have a Mesa Boogie MK IV that handles the clean sound well enough. It is incredibly loud. I cant turn it to one without ear pain. I want something with a sweet overdriven sound, hence my interest in the orange. Can thisa amp be used as a practice amp, gigging at home and in my office? I give classes on hand care for guitarists, so i need an amp for the office. I have a '57 Les Paul Black Beauty reissue that I think would sound good through the amp. thanks for your help.
Be Well,
Doc

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Sep 16, 2002 10:25 pm

Can't remember if that's a master volume amp oir not- if so, it should be awesome! I used to bring my OR80 to a blues jam all of the time and the thing I was most impressed with was that the amp cleans up very nicely when you back off the volume on the guitar. Then turn up the guitar for solos and WHAM! there's that Orange overdrive. The clean-ish tone is still tempered with an edge but it's a sweet clean sound. Billy