Rockerveb50 and TC Gsystem

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Dr Gonzo

Post by Dr Gonzo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:23 am

Hi all,

I just received my new Rockerverb 50, what an amazing amp !

I just have one question, I'm trying to use the channel switching and cannot get it to work... I tried everything from mono to stereo cables and nothing works.
Is there someone in the forum using the same rig as me that could give me a hand please ;)

Thanks a lot in advance for your help.

space-boy
Orange Expert

Post by space-boy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:53 am

Any mono, latching type switch should work fine. It means, you should have a switch at the end of the cable :D
It's wrong to wish on space hardware

Dr Gonzo

Post by Dr Gonzo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:04 am

The switch is my TC electronics G system, there is a switching system in the Gsys and I cannot use it with the orange.
Any idea ?
Thanks all ! ;)

space-boy
Orange Expert

Post by space-boy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 11:24 am

The G-system looks like a pretty complex system so the best idea should be giving a deeper look to your user's manual. They got it online aswell at tc electronic's website. Get sure you are using a latching type feature (some switches can be set as either momentary or latching types).
And, if you are unsure about the correct working of the footswitch feature on your amp, get any marshall's -or similar, simple ones - mono switch and try it with your amp.

kungfu
Orange Expert

Post by kungfu » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:30 pm

First of all, welcome to the forum ;)
How does TC G system sound with your Orange?

space-boy
Orange Expert

Post by space-boy » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:15 pm

Ooooops... forgive my rudeness... Welcome to the forum!!!

orangenoise
Orange Expert

Post by orangenoise » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:10 pm

I use the RV50 with a G-System and the switching works fine. I use a TRS cable from switch output one to the Channel switch input on the amp. Once you do this, access the switch menu and choose switch A. Scroll through the various config choices (ie 000C, 00CC and so on) until you hear the amp switch over to the dirty channel. Write that config choice down or save it for your dirty stuff and save one of the other config choices (that only had clean) to your clean patches. Make sense?

-rob
-<font color="orange"><b>orangenoise</b></font id="orange">

http://www.myspace.com/orangenoise

Dr Gonzo

Post by Dr Gonzo » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:31 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> Ooooops... forgive my rudeness... Welcome to the forum!!!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No problem at all spaceboy, I'm glad to be part of the orange family now 8)

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> First of all, welcome to the forum
How does TC G system sound with your Orange?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks kungfu !
In fact i'm just testing for the moment, I need to domesticate this gsys for the moment, but so far so good, channel sw if very useful and the effects are top. The only thing i'm having problem with for the moment is that I have the impression that the gsys sucks the tone a little bit... I'll let you know when I will know the TC better.

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"> I use the RV50 with a G-System and the switching works fine. I use a TRS cable from switch output one to the Channel switch input on the amp. Once you do this, access the switch menu and choose switch A. Scroll through the various config choices (ie 000C, 00CC and so on) until you hear the amp switch over to the dirty channel. Write that config choice down or save it for your dirty stuff and save one of the other config choices (that only had clean) to your clean patches. Make sense?

-rob<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks so much orangenoise !!! working fine now !!! Thanks so much for your help !!!!

As you are using the same rig as I do, can I abuse and ask you another question ?:evil:;) :

I was using the gsys with my mesa rectoverb for the moment, both input and output was set on 0db and I didn't noticed any tone sucking if I plug the gsys or not, the tone staid the same. But now with the orange I have to set the input on the gsys to full ! (18db) in order to have the nearly same tone as I have if I don't plug the gsys in the orange. Can I ask you how you set the input and the output in the gsys with the rockerverb ? Did you notice any tone sucking with and without the gsys ? I have the impression that i'm loosing dynamics with the gsys plugged and that the sound is much better without...
I'm using the 4 cables method to plus the gsys in the loop of the orange.

Thanks in advance for your help !!
Dave

orangenoise
Orange Expert

Post by orangenoise » Thu Mar 08, 2007 4:55 pm

Hey Dave... you using the RV50 in the Gsystem's insert loop? If you are there will be a noticable difference than either going from the direct out of your gsys to the amps input or using the RV50 in any other gsys loop (other than the insert). I came across this early on too and was confused for a while. Ended up putting my RV50 in the Gsys loop 4 instead of the insert loop. Fixed the whole issue.

I think TC designed the insert loop with some sort of buffer that does not react well to the RV50's effects loop. I've put other effects in the insert loop (line 6 echo pro) and they sound just fine w/out any volume drop.

All things done this way... I setup my input gain at +3db to achieve the same thing as going straight into the amp. Works and sounds amazing!

-rob

Dr Gonzo

Post by Dr Gonzo » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:34 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Hey Dave... you using the RV50 in the Gsystem's insert loop? If you are there will be a noticable difference than either going from the direct out of your gsys to the amps input or using the RV50 in any other gsys loop (other than the insert). I came across this early on too and was confused for a while. Ended up putting my RV50 in the Gsys loop 4 instead of the insert loop. Fixed the whole issue.

I think TC designed the insert loop with some sort of buffer that does not react well to the RV50's effects loop. I've put other effects in the insert loop (line 6 echo pro) and they sound just fine w/out any volume drop.

All things done this way... I setup my input gain at +3db to achieve the same thing as going straight into the amp. Works and sounds amazing!

-rob<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Thanks so much for your response Rob, I'll try this tonight and let you know, but it seems you had the same issue as I do so I think this will solve my problem as i'm using the insert of the Gsys...

Thanks again, I'm in love with the sound of the orange, it's really much much better than the recto...

Have a great weekend !
Dave

orangenoise
Orange Expert

Post by orangenoise » Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:53 pm

Glad I could help out...