ehx strings?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Austin_OLaughlin

Post by Austin_OLaughlin » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:02 pm

i just ordered a few sets of 11s online. has anyone else tried or use these strings?

notagain

Post by notagain » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:09 pm

firebird1999us I believe swears by them. I put a set of 11's on my Ibanez Artist
and didn't must care for them, but honestly I have been an Ernie Ball Advocate since
the 60's...I to this day have not found anyother strings that I like more than the
Ernie Balls....
IMO of course!

Austin_OLaughlin

Post by Austin_OLaughlin » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:15 pm

i like ernie ball as well, but wanted to try something different and see how i liked them.

Austin_OLaughlin

Post by Austin_OLaughlin » Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:17 pm

ok i got them in the mail today (ehx .011) and put them on my sg they sound great on the distortion chan on my ad140 more 'gainy' if thats even possibly. they feel a little tight compared to my power slinkys. the open chords don't sound as great to me E,A,D but maybe i have to play out these strings a lot more to loosen them up unlike the slinkys. the open chords sound like all the other chords you play which makes it a really tight sound. they although very chimey.i am not sure if i would prefer them over ernie balls its def different though i bought 3 packs so ill have to learn to like them for a bit. just my two cents.