Picture Gallery Comments!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

nate33
Rocker

Post by nate33 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:14 pm

hey Knuckle Bones

is that a SECOND matchless combo and a THIRD orange head just out of frame ... it's just too much awesome for one photo

thirdpole
Tiny Terror

Post by thirdpole » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:19 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by greyvents</i>
<br />thirdpole, is that black/white strat a highway 1?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Nope ...
It's a modded 2004 american deluxe.

- I changed the neck to a warmoth with 1 5/8" nut width and jumbo frets. (Sold the original neck on ebay for 450$).
- Changed the bridge to a LrBaggs piezo trem.
- Changed the pups for some Bill Lawrence L-280's and a Dimarzio VV Solo at the bridge.
- Finally changed the parts (pickguard, knobs, switch) for parchment colored ones.

It's original SNC pups are on the EBMM silo special and they sound fantastic !
<font size="1"><b>Clips of my <font color="orange">Orange Rockerverb</font id="orange">, JCM800 and JCM900 SL-X</b></font id="size1">
http://www.3rdpole.net/geartest.html

thirdpole
Tiny Terror

Post by thirdpole » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:32 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rrrajo</i>
I do believe it is you. What can you tell me about the JSX. Every time I go to GC, they have one stuffed in a corner with a 6505 Unplugged.

I really like it, it's more modern sounding that the RV50H i have. It's also more suited for hard rock/metal.

I don't care for the clean channel. Doesn't really sound good on it's own imo, but it's really transparent and will do a great job if you use pedals in front of it.

The crunch channel is really close to the PV classic crunch with more gain available. Gets a great British voicing.

The lead channel is also very nice, not too scooped sounding. I think it's voiced pretty close to a Soldano sound.

There is a noise gate builtin that does a good job, but may not be sufficient if you have bad cables or if you use all the gain available in the amp (mucho mucho).

The FX loop is footswitchable which is a big plus for me.

Each channel has an active EQ, i suggest you set everything at noon and make subtle adjustment from there. These EQ works for real and small changes go a long way.

Everyone on the internet says to swap the tubes to 6L6 but i still have the stock EL34 in there and i think it sounds really good.

I use my JSX with my cover band for its versatility and i use my RV50 with main band for it richness of tone !

Feel free to ask any more questions, hope this helps
Dave aka 3rdPole
<font size="1"><b>Clips of my <font color="orange">Orange Rockerverb</font id="orange">, JCM800 and JCM900 SL-X</b></font id="size1">
http://www.3rdpole.net/geartest.html

greyvents
Orange Expert

Post by greyvents » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:41 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by thirdpole</i>
<br />
Nope ...
It's a modded 2004 american deluxe.

- I changed the neck to a warmoth with 1 5/8" nut width and jumbo frets. (Sold the original neck on ebay for 450$).
- Changed the bridge to a LrBaggs piezo trem.
- Changed the pups for some Bill Lawrence L-280's and a Dimarzio VV Solo at the bridge.
- Finally changed the parts (pickguard, knobs, switch) for parchment colored ones.

It's original SNC pups are on the EBMM silo special and they sound fantastic !

ah right, well beyond stock! darn, was hoping someone might be able to tell me bout the highways.
Mark

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Fender Classic Player 50s Strat
Orange TT, PPC 112
Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:15 pm

Thanks for the Report Dave. Between your JSX and Scotts 6505, I I think I am going back to insist they wire them up. I am Bringing my own Speaker Cables ....just in case!
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

notagain

Post by notagain » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:07 am

Great shots Frank.
Worth the wait for you to figure out
finally how to post pictures! Way to
go....Great Stuff!

Frank H
Orange Master

Post by Frank H » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:11 am

Thanks. An ad30tc would complete the amp collection.

feider
Lord of Orange

Post by feider » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:13 am

Frank,,,,just looking, or should I say staring at your guitars. They are amazing. Very cool pieces. You can definetly tell they are players guitars. Not a bad thing.
The thing I kept thinking was, I bet there are some very good stories on each one. Nice pics indeed.
My name is Scott. This is my other forum. http://bluesguitar.forumcircle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Frank H
Orange Master

Post by Frank H » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:30 am

Thank You Scott. Like most of us here, I get em to play em. Great stories behind most of them.
The 4/12 cab on the right was custom made by Eastern Acoustic works. It's a slant cab built into a straight.
The cab on the left is actually a dummy I built to match the other one. It leans against the case I built for the jcm900 and from a few feet away nobody can tell the difference.
The white LP used to be white. I bought it brand new in 1987 at a local Music Store for $900...ahhhh the good old days.

feider
Lord of Orange

Post by feider » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:48 am

Hey Frank, I do remember back in the 80s, when gibson couldnt even give away their guitars. Same thing with harley davidsons. Now look at everything.
My name is Scott. This is my other forum. http://bluesguitar.forumcircle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Sun Feb 11, 2007 3:51 am

Still alive and well,Every now and then I know it's kinda hard to tell but I'm still alive and well.

Long live J.W. and his smoking firebird!
Paint it blue 4 soul.

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Sun Feb 18, 2007 1:49 am

SirJackdeFuzz, I like your pedalboard. It's very nice!
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

guitarmy50
Orange Expert

Post by guitarmy50 » Sun Feb 18, 2007 6:08 am

SirJackdeFuzz, if you don't mind me asking...how do you like the Tubescreamer compared to the SD-1? (At least I think that's what it is)

Heartsndspades
Orange Master

Post by Heartsndspades » Wed Feb 21, 2007 5:11 am

rrajo... whats that pretty little white number you posted up!
Bass: orange-ad200b, obc4x10, obc1x15/ ampeg b-15/ fender Jazz/ 74' gibson grabber/ peterson stobeostomp/ ehx deluxe memory man/ malekko b:assmaster/ voodoo labs pedal power 2+/ monster bass cables
Guitar: Fender 69' Tele Thinline/ Ampeg B-15
*korey*

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Feb 21, 2007 8:39 am

Hey Basshole, how is that Epiphone Valve Junior. I saw the pricetag on those yeaterday and they are chockingly cheap. Does it sound good?
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.