Picture Gallery Comments!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Mon Apr 30, 2007 3:12 am

Rtegra92, what is the rad looking blue amp of doom>?8)
valve.(((J0HN)))Resident village idiot
and some tech helper type said, "Gee, Mr Atkins, that guitar sure sounds fabulous!" Chet put the guitar on it's stand and said, "Well, how does it sound now?"

bassdrop
Orange Master

Post by bassdrop » Mon May 07, 2007 2:54 am

Finally posted pics of the rig! AD200B MkIII and Aguilar DB410. My 25 pound Warmoth parts bass- my third arm and main bass since 1995. Solid Walnut Jazz body, maple Jazz neck with Ebony board and bone nut, Schaller hardware, Bartolini Precision and dual coil Jazz pickups with Aguilar OBP-1 18v FET preamp. Note the obligatory Guiness (I had to put it down somewhere to take the pics). The uber-versatile Electro Harmonix Bass Micro Synthesizer with Radial switch box, since I don't want to break a second Micro Synth.
mmmmmm drop

Guthrie Matthews Method
http://www.guthriematthews.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Modified Fender Custom Shop Jazz, Warmoth P/J clone,
Orange AD200 MkIII, Barefaced Compact

Carlton

Post by Carlton » Mon May 07, 2007 3:00 am

bassdrop-I'm new to Orange, but Guiness has been a standard part of my equipment of decades!!
ImageImageImage
1981 Moonstone Exploder / 1963 Gibson EB-0 / 1987 Fender fretless Jazz Special / 1996 Guild Starfire II / 2002 Moonstone B-95 / Orange AD200B / OBC410 / OBC115

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Mon May 07, 2007 5:24 am

CArlton, tell me about that moonstone bass in your sig, its very very sweet looking.8)
and some tech helper type said, "Gee, Mr Atkins, that guitar sure sounds fabulous!" Chet put the guitar on it's stand and said, "Well, how does it sound now?"

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Mon May 07, 2007 5:31 pm

Simon, that clone is sooo cool!

Nice work!
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

Carlton

Post by Carlton » Mon May 07, 2007 6:58 pm

Professor,
Back in 1983 I pushed many a shopping cart at the local Richway to save up for that Moonstone. It is the most incredible bass I've ever played. The body is burled maple, mahogany, maple and African padauk; rosewood fingerboard; Bartolini pickups; BadAss II bridge. It has tone that is unbelievable. When I was a senior in high school, my band at the time opened up at a local club for Nantucket. The bass player for Nantucket tried his best to persuade me to sell it to him. It sounds great running directly into the PA, so I never got upset when the sound guys would bring out the direct box. It sounds AWESOME running through the AD200! The headstock in my sig belongs to my Moonstone B95 acoustic bass. I'll get some pictures of that up soon. Check out the site: http://www.moonstoneguitars.com
ImageImageImage
1981 Moonstone Exploder / 1963 Gibson EB-0 / 1987 Fender fretless Jazz Special / 1996 Guild Starfire II / 2002 Moonstone B-95 / Orange AD200B / OBC410 / OBC115

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Mon May 07, 2007 7:44 pm

Wow, nice acoustic there Carlton..
David

Simon Wicks
Orange Master

Post by Simon Wicks » Mon May 07, 2007 8:30 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br />Simon, that clone is sooo cool!

Nice work!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Cheers man! It has some awesome tone...i just need to build a 2 x 12 for it and get some AlNiCo speakers for it and i'm soughted.

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Tue May 08, 2007 2:00 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Carlton</i>
<br />Professor,
Back in 1983 I pushed many a shopping cart at the local Richway to save up for that Moonstone. It is the most incredible bass I've ever played. The body is burled maple, mahogany, maple and African padauk; rosewood fingerboard; Bartolini pickups; BadAss II bridge. It has tone that is unbelievable. When I was a senior in high school, my band at the time opened up at a local club for Nantucket. The bass player for Nantucket tried his best to persuade me to sell it to him. It sounds great running directly into the PA, so I never got upset when the sound guys would bring out the direct box. It sounds AWESOME running through the AD200! The headstock in my sig belongs to my Moonstone B95 acoustic bass. I'll get some pictures of that up soon. Check out the site: http://www.moonstoneguitars.com
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

thats so rad dude!:D i would love to play one of those even though im mostly a guitar guy

Heartsndspades
Orange Master

Post by Heartsndspades » Tue May 08, 2007 2:42 am

carlton, sir. those moonstones are sum 'spensive muthas. very pretty spensive muthas

oh and nice rig man!.. if you could look through the hole in the back are they still useing the beta speakers in the 410?
Bass: orange-ad200b, obc4x10, obc1x15/ ampeg b-15/ fender Jazz/ 74' gibson grabber/ peterson stobeostomp/ ehx deluxe memory man/ malekko b:assmaster/ voodoo labs pedal power 2+/ monster bass cables
Guitar: Fender 69' Tele Thinline/ Ampeg B-15
*korey*

Carlton

Post by Carlton » Tue May 08, 2007 3:42 pm

Korey,
I looked, but couldn't see what the speakers are. With regard to the Moonstones, I have been very lucky. The electric didn't cost as much in 1983 as it would now. On top of that, mine had been sitting in the music store since 1981, so I got it for half price. With regard to the acoustic, I bought it from someone who needed to unload it. It was still expensive, but not nearly as expensive as it might have been. I hadn't played the electric in quite a while, but after spending A LOT of time playing through the AD200 yesterday, it may be a long time before I put it down again. They seem to have been made for each other. Still can't wait for the 115. It will undoubtedly shake the foundation of this building.
ImageImageImage

theinteriorleague
Orange Master

Post by theinteriorleague » Fri May 11, 2007 9:38 pm

Got off work early today, and spiting the xbox, I took photos of my stuff.

Not in the pics are my new Carr Rambler and Fulltone Gt-500, b/c one is in the mail and one is in production. Boss dd-20 is at boss repair shop, and they finally said they would fix it.

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Fri May 11, 2007 9:54 pm

Hey Wicks, that is a Wicked Head!
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

theinteriorleague
Orange Master

Post by theinteriorleague » Sat May 12, 2007 1:17 am

Robotfactory,
the guitar is a hagstrom f-200p. It isn't a bad little guitar, and I got it really cheap with a case on ebay. If you can hold out, supposedly reverend guitars is supposed to start offering some lefty models this summer, but take that with a grain of salt...Joe has delayed making them for over a year now.

thanks for the compliments on my drum set...that is my baby, and you can obviously see my addiction for asinine cymbals.

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Mar 05, 2008 10:33 am

Hero, that left one isn't a Fender right?
What is it?
David