Picture Gallery Comments!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Fri Mar 02, 2007 4:19 am

John-whats that lovely blue tele?>
valve.(((J0HN)))Resident village idiot
and some tech helper type said, "Gee, Mr Atkins, that guitar sure sounds fabulous!" Chet put the guitar on it's stand and said, "Well, how does it sound now?"

johnreardon
Orange Expert

Post by johnreardon » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:27 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by professor plum</i>
<br />John-whats that lovely blue tele?>
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

It's a Custom Shop Limited Edition made for Europe only, I believe, in 2000. I bought it new last year.

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:30 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Where are the guitar pic's posted??<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<br />
<font size="4">I edited the first post of this thread, adding the link to the picture gallery so you never have to search it (from here). Just go to first page, first post of this thread.

A link back here is also in the first post in the picture gallery..

<b><font color="red">Come on now you guys that haven't posted your pictures yet!</font id="red"></b></font id="size4"> [:p][:p]
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:14 pm

I just wanted to say that I have updated my picture in the gallery. Check it out!

http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.p ... re,gallery
David

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Fri Mar 23, 2007 12:25 am

the tower of power!:D
and some tech helper type said, "Gee, Mr Atkins, that guitar sure sounds fabulous!" Chet put the guitar on it's stand and said, "Well, how does it sound now?"

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:37 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by professor plum</i>
<br />the tower of power!:D
<br />
Oh yes! :D
David

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Mon Mar 26, 2007 7:15 pm

Nice picture Hipolitho!

Is that an ad30 or ad140 you have there?
The tele, is it a '52RI?
David

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:20 am

Tibor, I've never saw inside of an Orange combo before. Thanks for showing. It looks like the amp itself would fit in a head sleeve, is it true?

Then you could have the option replace the amp with any other Orange amp, right?
David

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Wed Mar 28, 2007 2:40 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">but it just occured to me that I have a new Thorn guitar that I don't have on my little gear page yet.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<br />
Is the new guitar that purple one?
I love it!
David

LeonC
Orange Master

Post by LeonC » Wed Mar 28, 2007 3:42 pm

Yes David - just got it a couple months ago, thank you. Forgot to post anything about it here...I admit it - I'm a Thorn Junkie of the worst type! LOL!

The tone for that guitar is quite excellent. The combination of alder body (maple cap), maple neck and Blackwood fretboard gives it a very huge sound. Ton of low end and lots of sparkle too. Not as mid-rangey as most guitars of that shape. There are a few places on the neck that behave like no guitar I've heard before--you hit the note and it will acoustically turn into a harmonic! E.g., hit the G on the B-string will turn into the harmonic an octave up. Amplify it and it's quite spectacular--even clean it will start to feedback! There are a few places like that on the neck.

The pickup selections make it unique in my "collection". Ron suggested the neck pickup parallel coils setting. I'd never heard that done before but it's quite excellent. Sounds like a somewhat fatter single coil...yet it's humbucking. I also really dig the setting with just the two outermost coils; very spunkity/plunkity and great for clean country-style stuff. And it still has the "classic" settings of the typical 2-humbucker guitar (n, n+b, b). So it's quite versatile.

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Wed Mar 28, 2007 4:01 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br />Tibor, I've never saw inside of an Orange combo before. Thanks for showing. It looks like the amp itself would fit in a head sleeve, is it true?

Then you could have the option replace the amp with any other Orange amp, right?

jep...
The Combo is only a head in a 2x12 cab... but for service you need to unscrew 13 screws...not 4 like in a head... i changed the Head and the top amp last year because in my ears the "combo"-amp had more bass...but the diffrence like hearing grass grow...

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:15 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by LeonC</i>
<br />Yes David - just got it a couple months ago, thank you. Forgot to post anything about it here...I admit it - I'm a Thorn Junkie of the worst type! LOL!

The tone for that guitar is quite excellent. The combination of alder body (maple cap), maple neck and Blackwood fretboard gives it a very huge sound. Ton of low end and lots of sparkle too. Not as mid-rangey as most guitars of that shape. There are a few places on the neck that behave like no guitar I've heard before--you hit the note and it will acoustically turn into a harmonic! E.g., hit the G on the B-string will turn into the harmonic an octave up. Amplify it and it's quite spectacular--even clean it will start to feedback! There are a few places like that on the neck.

The pickup selections make it unique in my "collection". Ron suggested the neck pickup parallel coils setting. I'd never heard that done before but it's quite excellent. Sounds like a somewhat fatter single coil...yet it's humbucking. I also really dig the setting with just the two outermost coils; very spunkity/plunkity and great for clean country-style stuff. And it still has the "classic" settings of the typical 2-humbucker guitar (n, n+b, b). So it's quite versatile.

that sounds quite fun. i still love the beautiful blue one you have with the orca inlays, is the back on that one koa>?

LeonC
Orange Master

Post by LeonC » Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:13 am

Thank you professor - yes, the body is made from Koa wood. I was at Ron's shop today and saw a guitar that he is making someone from a solid piece of koa; the whole guitar (body) is one piece of incredibly gorgeous koa. Has a braz-rosewood neck. Absolutely gorgeous koa...you can easily see the gorgeous Hawaiian sun in that piece of wood!

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:03 pm

Love that Purple Ron Thorn , Leon.
Paint it blue 4 soul.

WannaBWeiland
Orange Master

Post by WannaBWeiland » Fri Apr 06, 2007 2:22 am

Gear:
'93 Gibson Les Paul Standard
Breedlove Studio C250/EO
Mesa Stiletto Ace