Picture Gallery Comments!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Orphin
Duke of Orange

Post by Orphin » Mon Feb 26, 2007 2:20 pm

Tibor. I like the looks of that guitar to the right on the first picture. What is it?
David
I'm speaking out of my a$$. Yours might differ.

fraser2262
Orange Hero

Post by fraser2262 » Mon Feb 26, 2007 3:47 pm

zin zin is that a rocky road you have on your board? how is it?
Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.

zinzin
Tiny Terror

Post by zinzin » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:00 pm

yes, its a rocky road. its the cheapest leslie simulation you can get and it sound rather good. i just recently decided to ditch the daddy o 'cause with the tiny terror it sounds like a fuzz ... :-)
http://www.johnsrevolution.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/liquidgas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/jesuschristsuperfuzz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

greyvents
Orange Expert

Post by greyvents » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:06 pm

zinzin, i hv to say...your tt sitting atop a marshall 4x12 somehow doesnt look wrong! and that white cab looks really cool.

guess it sounds very different?
Mark

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Fender Classic Player 50s Strat
Orange TT, PPC 112
Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo

zinzin
Tiny Terror

Post by zinzin » Mon Feb 26, 2007 4:10 pm

both cabs have vintage 30s innit, they dont sound that different. off course the 4x12 is more 3D and a bit louder which is nice on stage even if it gets miced up.
http://www.johnsrevolution.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/liquidgas" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.myspace.com/jesuschristsuperfuzz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tibor
Orange Hero

Post by Tibor » Tue Feb 27, 2007 4:59 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br />Tibor. I like the looks of that guitar to the right on the first picture. What is it?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Its an "Oakland" i pressume it was made my Matsomoku in the late 70s or the early 80s i bought it from the japanese culture attache in Berlin... its a neckThrough Mahagony Body with a mapleneck with 2 stipes of amaranth... i like it although its quite "dark" sounding even with the Bill-Lawrence 500L on the bridge...

bought it for 80€ including a case... :D

chaz
Orange Master

Post by chaz » Tue Feb 27, 2007 5:33 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by feider</i>
<br />Frank,,,,just looking, or should I say staring at your guitars. They are amazing. Very cool pieces. You can definetly tell they are players guitars. Not a bad thing.
The thing I kept thinking was, I bet there are some very good stories on each one. Nice pics indeed.

Where are the guitar pic's posted??

Gaius Marius
Tiny Terror

Post by Gaius Marius » Wed Feb 28, 2007 12:23 am

Notagain, I love that Tiny Terror stack with the two white cabs. Are they costum made?

basshole
Orange Expert

Post by basshole » Wed Feb 28, 2007 3:30 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orphin</i>
<br />Hey Basshole, how is that Epiphone Valve Junior. I saw the pricetag on those yeaterday and they are chockingly cheap. Does it sound good?

With my SG straight in and the volume maxed out it aspires to a woody, grainy bassman tone. Volume at 2-3 o'clock tames it enough to vary quite a lot in loudness/gain with some dynamic picking.

With the tele it opens up a bit more but gets a tiny bit fizzy when dimed.
It has 4-8-16 ohms out.
All in all it's 1500 spänn extremely well spent!
And it's loud enough to annoy anyone in the same or the next room.
Andreas

McCartney - Lynne - Langdon - Sting - Miller - Jenkins - Hendrix

professor plum
Orange Master

Post by professor plum » Wed Feb 28, 2007 4:11 am

i love that bakeing pan champ....
valve.(((J0HN)))Resident village idiot
and some tech helper type said, "Gee, Mr Atkins, that guitar sure sounds fabulous!" Chet put the guitar on it's stand and said, "Well, how does it sound now?"

chaz
Orange Master

Post by chaz » Wed Feb 28, 2007 10:01 am

Ah now i see, they are really sweet Frank, i love that cream LP

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Frank H</i>
<br />Pics are here.
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.p ... hichpage=2

Bink
Orange Master

Post by Bink » Thu Mar 01, 2007 2:38 pm

John - Everytime I see that hollybody I just think how amazing it looks! It's gorgeous.
Also is that a block 335? There's a lot more dots than blocks about but I prefer the look of the blocks myself.

How do the two compare? I've always been curious as to whether the hollybody bears any resemblence to the 335 soundwise?
Chris
PRS CU22
Present: TT, PPC 112 (Heritage G12M)
Past: AD15
Image Image

johnreardon
Orange Expert

Post by johnreardon » Thu Mar 01, 2007 3:01 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bink</i>
<br />John - Everytime I see that hollybody I just think how amazing it looks! It's gorgeous.
Also is that a block 335? There's a lot more dots than blocks about but I prefer the look of the blocks myself.

How do the two compare? I've always been curious as to whether the hollybody bears any resemblence to the 335 soundwise?

No it's not a standard block 335. This one is a Limited Edition, made just in 2000. Think they made 3 translucent colours..red, blue and yellow. It has an ebony fretboard with small Block Pearloid markers.

The HBII is quite a good flexible guitar, especially having the piezo like mine. However it is a different sound to the 335. The 335 is much more of a biting sound, great for the Blues, whereas the HB in humbucker mode is not so much in your face. It doesn't feed back as much as 335s can, which is either a good or bad thing depending on whether you like controlled feedback.

It is definitely more comfortable than the 335, being smaller and lighter. I tend to use mine, when I want to get close to an acoustic sound. I don't always play with 2 leads attached, I usually just use the mag jack and plug straight into my amp.

Overall if anyone is looking for a 335, then I would say get one. If they want a light hollowbody than can sound like an acoustic one minute and a humbucker equipped guitar the next, then the HBII + piezo is great.

Frank H
Orange Master

Post by Frank H » Fri Mar 02, 2007 3:41 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chaz</i>
<br />
Ah now i see, they are really sweet Frank, i love that cream LP

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Frank H</i>
<br />Pics are here.
http://forum.orangeamps.com/viewtopic.p ... hichpage=2
Thanks Chaz. It was once artic white.