AD30TC burning fuses?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

michael

Post by michael » Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:30 pm

I've tested the AD30TC combo at a music store here in Helsinki, Finland, and both times it's burned the fuse inside where you plug in the power cord. I really really want the AD30TC but now I'm wondering if this is a one-time fluke or is it a bigger problem? Has anyone had any problems like this? I couldn't believe it when I went back a week later to test it and it burned a fuse AGAIN. I'd never even seen an amp blow a fuse before...(the power just cuts off.)

Also, is there any reason to buy the AD30TC as a separate head-and-2x12 cabinet instead of just buying the combo? The combo would be easier to carry around but the head and 2x12 looks really good. They're also more expensive.

thanks,m.

Meole
Orange Master

Post by Meole » Fri Sep 06, 2002 4:59 pm

Never had fuses blow on mine. Whenever my amp seems like something has happened to it,
I check the power cord, which sometimes comes undone a little and the amp gets no power.
Other than that no problems.

Ness

Post by Ness » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:39 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I've tested the AD30TC combo at a music store here in Helsinki, Finland, and both times it's burned the fuse inside where you plug in the power cord. I really really want the AD30TC but now I'm wondering if this is a one-time fluke or is it a bigger problem? Has anyone had any problems like this? I couldn't believe it when I went back a week later to test it and it burned a fuse AGAIN. I'd never even seen an amp blow a fuse before...(the power just cuts off.)

Also, is there any reason to buy the AD30TC as a separate head-and-2x12 cabinet instead of just buying the combo? The combo would be easier to carry around but the head and 2x12 looks really good. They're also more expensive.

thanks,m.

<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

Hey, I bought a AD30TCh w/ 2x12. It worked great in the store, but when I finally got it home it kept blowing fuses. So I called Orange and they said it was no big deal, just that the power tubes have gotten knocked around during shipping and they would send me some new ones right away. A few days later they came, stuck them in, never has blown another fuse.

michael

Post by michael » Sat Sep 14, 2002 2:30 pm

Thanks for the reply -

this is off topic but I was wondering what made you decide to get the head and 2 x 12 instead of the combo? More bass? Better looking? That's what I'm trying to decide right now. Also the AD30TCh seemed louder in the store than the combo, with the settings all the same.

Ness

Post by Ness » Sat Sep 14, 2002 10:38 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
Thanks for the reply -

this is off topic but I was wondering what made you decide to get the head and 2 x 12 instead of the combo? More bass? Better looking? That's what I'm trying to decide right now. Also the AD30TCh seemed louder in the store than the combo, with the settings all the same.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>

availibility

I wanted the AD30 combo but they sold it before I made my final decision, by the time I was ready to buy all they had was the head w/2x12 or a 15 watt combo.

gearnut
Tiny Terror

Post by gearnut » Wed Oct 02, 2002 6:25 pm

I've got the ad30htc and there's nothing like it coming out of a 4x12. Plus I play in two bands, so I keep a cab at each rehearsal space and I just carry the head around. I also have a little 1x12 cab for home use. I like the sound of a closed-back 4x12 better too.