Can anyone answer this for me?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

bgarrett_uk
Orange Master

Post by bgarrett_uk » Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:20 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by chaz</i>
<br />OK the plot thickens..I dug out my new AD30TC and tried out the cab on that wow great sound ! Put it back on the AD30R and it still cut the volume...recon i may have a prob with the amp!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Chaz - I would recommend you first disconnect the internal AD30R speaker completely - then plug the 2x12 into the 16 ohm socket - if everything is alright should sound just as loud but a bit fuller... if something not right and same thing happens post back here.

As others have said the internal speaker in the combo should be 16 ohm - check this. Then both internal speaker and 2x12 should each be plugged into the pair of 8ohm speaker sockets.
Cheers and Happy New Year
Brian

Dr Dildo
Tiny Terror

Post by Dr Dildo » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:21 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bgarrett_uk</i>
<br /> As others have said the internal speaker in the combo should be 16 ohm - check this. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I thought there were two speakers in the AD30 combo's and they were both 8 ohms.
Slick Willy

pedro
Orange Expert

Post by pedro » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:30 pm

its possible that the speaker's in the 212 are out of phase with the speakers of the combo, that'll do it every time......

irish_admiral
Prince of Orange

Post by irish_admiral » Tue Jan 09, 2007 6:52 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dr Dildo</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bgarrett_uk</i>
<br /> As others have said the internal speaker in the combo should be 16 ohm - check this. <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I thought there were two speakers in the AD30 combo's and they were both 8 ohms.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Yes, but they should be wired in series to give a total load of 16 ohms.
Joe

G(sus) saves

Orange AD15, Matamp 1224, Fender 'JD' Tele, G&L ASAT, Duesenberg Starplayer TV, Eggle Kanuga, Avalon D25, Warwick FNA Jazzman, Eden Nemesis / Bergantino EX112S, Eastman MD305 & other stuff...

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:21 pm

Makes me wonder if the speaker in the combo is out of phase with the speakers in the cab...

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:21 pm

You could reverse the leads on the combo's speakers and see if it changes....