Is my F.A.C. control normal ?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

mike
Orange Expert

Post by mike » Mon Aug 26, 2002 4:18 am

Hello ! I've bought my overdrive 120 in may 1979 in France and it still works perfectly (marvelous sound !). But, from the first day, it has a problem (?): if I switch the F.A.C. control when the master volume is open there is a big "poum !" in the speakers and more the master is open more the "poum" is huge and makes me anxious for my speakers. Then, each time I have to switch the F.A.C. I turn down the master volume before. Is it normal or no ? I've never asked to somebody before that day because I consider it's a minor problem versus the great quality of the sound but if somebody has the same problem, many thanks for her or his answer...

ecto coolest
Rocker

Post by ecto coolest » Mon Aug 26, 2002 7:40 pm

ive got an early 70's or120, and it does the same thing, but only when i turn it counterclockwise. there is a good explanation of why it makes that sound in the Orange archives on the plexi palace message board. www.plexipalace.com

eric
1971 OR120 (Plexi Panel, Big Pix Only)
1994 Fender Jaguar (Seymour Duncan Humbuckers, Gibson Nashville Bridge)
2002 PPC412 (British V30s)

pgmlml

Post by pgmlml » Mon Aug 26, 2002 11:54 pm

It is normal!!! forget it!!! just remember to turn the volume down before switching the FAC.

mike
Orange Expert

Post by mike » Tue Aug 27, 2002 3:20 pm

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote><font size=1 face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
ive got an early 70's or120, and it does the same thing, but only when i turn it counterclockwise. there is a good explanation of why it makes that sound in the Orange archives on the plexi palace message board. www.plexipalace.com

eric
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size=2 id=quote>