Guess what???? another "month"

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

wvhillbilly

Post by wvhillbilly » Thu Aug 15, 2002 5:41 am

just found out it would be another month before i get my cab, this realy sucks. the guy backed out of the deal on the hiwatt so i still don't have a cab of my own

hide the bibles from the youth

ecto coolest
Rocker

Post by ecto coolest » Sat Aug 17, 2002 4:32 pm

where did you hear that?
1971 OR120 (Plexi Panel, Big Pix Only)
1994 Fender Jaguar (Seymour Duncan Humbuckers, Gibson Nashville Bridge)
2002 PPC412 (British V30s)

wvhillbilly

Post by wvhillbilly » Sat Aug 17, 2002 6:02 pm

from graham in atlanta and from the uk office also. this is bullshit. and the foot switches are still not done either. I'm starting to think that their is something going on at orange that there not telling us. The story they give why their not here cahnges each time.

maxpower

Post by maxpower » Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:35 am

I've just ordered the AD30TC in Australia and after reading your posts i'm worried i'm going to waiting forever. Do you have any news (good or bad) about where Orange is up to with all of this.

gearnut
Tiny Terror

Post by gearnut » Wed Aug 28, 2002 7:09 pm

Yeah, what is up with this company? It's kinda wierd. I called about what brand of tubes were in my ad30htc and they didn't know and said it depended on the batch. The whole footswitch thing (or lack thereof) is pretty bad. Availability is awful. They are absolutely terrible at communicating with their customers. It sorta seems like they are a few people who run the whole thing, but even that maybe somebody else manufactures the amps, then they just do the marketing (which they are good at, notice the number of Orange-branded, non-musical products they have on the site). I don't know, compared to other amp manufacturers, their support is nill, non-existent.

Great amps, crappy service.

wvhillbilly

Post by wvhillbilly » Wed Aug 28, 2002 8:58 pm

<b></b><font color=limegreen></font id=limegreen><font size=6></font id=size6><font color=green></font id=green>
Orange sucks!!!!!!!!!!

Jason Green

Post by Jason Green » Fri Aug 30, 2002 6:16 am

Hi People,

First I'd like to apologize to you all for the extended delays! Earlier this year we moved to a much larger production facility in order to cope with the ever increasing demand for Orange. This took longer than expected. We were then let down by a number of our component suppliers who were unable to handle the increased volume of our production.

We have now sourced backup suppliers and the production line is finally running smoothly. European customers will already be feeling the effect of this and I imagine if you who placed an order in Europe you will have either already received your amplifier, or you will be receiving it very soon.

If you are a USA customer I can assure you that a container full of USA amplifiers was dispatched from the UK today. It will take about 4 weeks to make it across the Atlantic and clear USA Customs. This stock will fulfill 99% of USA orders, however please be aware that if you have ordered a custom shop amplifier, in particular the 50 watt models, there may well be a longer wait. Do not hesitate to call the USA office at 404-303-8196 for more info.

Regarding the footswitches - Unfortunately the first prototype we received did not reach our high standards. We received the second prototype this week and found it to be excellent. The first production run is commencing next week and will be arriving in the USA in October.

The merchandise section of this site has finally been updated. You can now buy merchandise from within the USA. At the moment there are only T-Shirts available. Baseball caps are on order and they will be added to the site as soon as they arrive. As will the footswitches. The other items listed are currently being sourced. The reason it takes so long is that we have to negotiate with many different companies in order to get the highest quality items at the best possible prices.

Once again, if you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact your nearest Orange office by telephone. We will be more than happy to bring you up to date on our progress.

Thank you for your patience through this difficult period. I can assure you no one wants to see product available as much as us!

All the best,

The Webmaster

jason fisher

Post by jason fisher » Mon Sep 23, 2002 3:07 am

Orange amps are the BEST! I have not had any problems with my AD30R and AD1512 combos. I have also found the guys at Orange USA to be very knowledgable and sufficient. I have called the UK but I find it hard to understand their accent.
The amps sound great and are very durable. I only wish I had a 50 watt head and a twin channel combo to plug into as well as my two amps. That would be GREAT!!!!

jason
jason