orange newb help!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Austin_OLaughlin

Post by Austin_OLaughlin » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:28 am

hey i just recently got an orange ad 140 htc i was wondering what a good cab to get, speaker cables, instrument cables, and pedals (and chormatic tuner) to get without taking away from the orange clean or crunch. i play out of a gibson sg standard. thanks in advance.

austin

the orangewizard
Orange Master

Post by the orangewizard » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:37 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Austin_OLaughlin</i>
<br />hey i just recently got an orange ad 140 htc i was wondering what a good cab to get, speaker cables, instrument cables, and pedals (and chormatic tuner) to get without taking away from the orange clean or crunch. i play out of a gibson sg standard. thanks in advance.

austin
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">You need to be aware that buying anything other than the Orange 4x12 for that amp will precipitate a search warrant being put out for 'ya by the Orange Mafia! [:p]
Hugh

Austin_OLaughlin

Post by Austin_OLaughlin » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:53 am

lol i know but im low on cash right now , so im selling off my xbox 360 , bass, and hartke 15 watt bass amp to get a cab and cables... just alternatives that are almost as good. id prefer getting the orange 4x12 but id have to find a great deal on it.

the orangewizard
Orange Master

Post by the orangewizard » Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:58 am

Orange 2x12-almost as loud (from what I hear)~
Hugh

TheOrangeJuicer
Orange Master

Post by TheOrangeJuicer » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:03 pm

Yes, the 2x12 is nearly as loud and is certainly lighter and less bulky to move and to store. The 4x12 will hold twice the power though. You can get a lot of decent empty cabinets and load them with your own speakers or most of the cabinet makers if not all of them also offer good pricing on speakers and will install them for you. The Celestion V30 comes in the better Orange cabinets as standard and that is a great sounding speaker.
Yesterday, I mixed a Mojo BV30H with one and it sounded great. The Mojo costs only about half of what the Celestion costs, so that is a nice alternative in a 2x12.
-Bill

Orange Amplification full line dealer
http://www.uptownaudio.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.biglickamplification.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:28 pm

You need a 4X12 really to do that head justice...if you can't afford and Orange get an Avatar loaded with V30s.....really, just save up a bit and get the Orange...or put it on a credit card.
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

twisted99
Orange Expert

Post by twisted99 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:31 pm

I think most of us here agree that the Avatar speakers are the best bang for the buck. You can choose your speakers from celestion and eminence and colors. I have a 4x12 with g12h30s and it is a very solid cab made exactly like cabs costing twice as much. Go to avatarspeakers.com or give dave a call he is an awesome guy that will reccomend speakers to help you find the tone you are after.
Steve
1983 Gibson Firebrand "The SG Deluxe"
1987 G&L ASAT
Schecter Damien with GFS mean 90s
Rivera Knucklehead 100
Avatar contemporary custom blue 2x12 with eminence governers
Lots of Pedals
Orange Micro Crush

space-boy
Orange Expert

Post by space-boy » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:43 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by twisted99</i>
<br />I think most of us here agree that the Avatar speakers are the best bang for the buck.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Anytime you live in the states... [:(!]
It's wrong to wish on space hardware

Jacco428
Orange Master

Post by Jacco428 » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:47 pm

As far as pedals is concerned; I play a SG standard through an AD30htc with 2x12 Cab and use a Fulltone OCD for overdrive. This is a perfect match !! check it out.

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Fri Nov 03, 2006 2:54 pm

I prefer my AD30 and AD140 with no pedals (except a tuner)
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€