So I've got the cash for my badcat, but...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

firebird1999us
Duke of Orange

Post by firebird1999us » Sat Aug 26, 2006 11:57 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bgarrett_uk</i>
<br />All cars do is get you from A to B with slightly less aggravation than walking.

Get the Bad Cat - biggest problem with money is figuring whether to spend it. Once you spent it worry over and you're a happy bunny.

PS / Petrol hit £1 a litre in UK few weeks back - althougn back around 96 / 98 p/litre now. If your car doesn't do 120 miles per gallon - get the bus.

Cheers
Brian
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Bad cat = expensive paperweight seeming as I don't gig, record, or even have a band right now.[:p]

Chris

bgarrett_uk
Orange Master

Post by bgarrett_uk » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:06 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by firebird1999us</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bgarrett_uk</i>
<br />All cars do is get you from A to B with slightly less aggravation than walking.

Get the Bad Cat - biggest problem with money is figuring whether to spend it. Once you spent it worry over and you're a happy bunny.

PS / Petrol hit £1 a litre in UK few weeks back - althougn back around 96 / 98 p/litre now. If your car doesn't do 120 miles per gallon - get the bus.

Cheers
Brian

Bad cat = expensive paperweight seeming as I don't gig, record, or even have a band right now.[:p]

Chris

Chris - methinks you got two options
1) Buy the Bad Cat and enjoy.

2) Buy the Bad Cat - cause you'd be wasting the money on anything else - and I'll help out here with the shipping charges to UK - I'll send you email with my address.

Heartsndspades
Orange Master

Post by Heartsndspades » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:11 am

id go w/ a badcat. but i used to have that dilemma w/ baseball and music.. music won out all but one xmas. how many races do you expect to win in ur sunfire w 3-4 grand to it? what other cars could you beat?
Bass: orange-ad200b, obc4x10, obc1x15/ ampeg b-15/ fender Jazz/ 74' gibson grabber/ peterson stobeostomp/ ehx deluxe memory man/ malekko b:assmaster/ voodoo labs pedal power 2+/ monster bass cables
Guitar: Fender 69' Tele Thinline/ Ampeg B-15
*korey*

firebird1999us
Duke of Orange

Post by firebird1999us » Sun Aug 27, 2006 12:23 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Heartsndspades</i>
<br />id go w/ a badcat. but i used to have that dilemma w/ baseball and music.. music won out all but one xmas. how many races do you expect to win in ur sunfire w 3-4 grand to it? what other cars could you beat?

You run in classes with like-powered cars. They don't just toss you in with Lamboghini's and Lotus's;)

Although it would be more like $5000-$8000 by the time all was said and done[:0]:x

Chris

riffmonster
Orange Master

Post by riffmonster » Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:53 am

On an amp forum of course people will say "get the amp".

I guess it's down to what you think you'd have the most fun with. :D

PS. get the amp
Mark

firebird1999us
Duke of Orange

Post by firebird1999us » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:08 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by riffmonster</i>
<br />On an amp forum of course people will say "get the amp".

I guess it's down to what you think you'd have the most fun with. :D

PS. get the amp

Hate to say it guys, but the car looks like the winner at this point;)

Chris

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:14 am

Yeah, I guess you can't pick up chicks in a Bad Cat Shoe-box.
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:25 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by firebird1999us</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by bgarrett_uk</i>

Cheers
Brian

Chris

I've been wondering when you would get in a band...do it ya big slacker! At least a cover band..they are fun and you get payed good cash! If I con't here that you are in a band in a month I'm gonna drive to your house and...uh....start one with you!
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

firebird1999us
Duke of Orange

Post by firebird1999us » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:31 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Knuckle Bones</i>
<br /><blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by firebird1999us</i>

Cheers
Brian

Chris

I've been wondering when you would get in a band...do it ya big slacker! At least a cover band..they are fun and you get payed good cash! If I con't here that you are in a band in a month I'm gonna drive to your house and...uh....start one with you!

Bring a pizza!!![:p]

The gy who was drumming for me is kind of an asshat -- apparently everybody thinks that too[:0]

I'm working on it though8)

Chris

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:39 am

I'm tempted to send you a pizza kit....you have a pizza stone to cook on? Of course I say that but it's been months and months since I was supposed to send a CD. :oops:

bgarrett_uk
Orange Master

Post by bgarrett_uk » Sun Aug 27, 2006 10:42 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Knuckle Bones</i>
<br />I'm tempted to send you a pizza kit....you have a pizza stone to cook on? Of course I say that but it's been months and months since I was supposed to send a CD. :oops:
I check the mail everyday

thirdpole
Tiny Terror

Post by thirdpole » Sun Aug 27, 2006 4:12 pm

If you ever grow tired of the amp or you wanna put your kid through college, you can always sell the BadCat for a very good price.

The car on the other hand will devaluate in a flash.

+ 1 on what the others said so far, get a band together and play !
<font size="1"><b>Clips of my <font color="orange">Orange Rockerverb</font id="orange">, JCM800 and JCM900 SL-X</b></font id="size1">
http://www.3rdpole.net/geartest.html

firebird1999us
Duke of Orange

Post by firebird1999us » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:38 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by thirdpole</i>
<br />
If you ever grow tired of the amp or you wanna put your kid through college, you can always sell the BadCat for a very good price.

The car on the other hand will devaluate in a flash.

+ 1 on what the others said so far, get a band together and play !

Oh I'm not having kids anytime soon[:p]

So that's not a concern at all.;)

Chris

firebird1999us
Duke of Orange

Post by firebird1999us » Sun Aug 27, 2006 6:32 pm

Well I'm going to play a Hot Cat again next week and see how I feel about it then.;)

Would you guys go 1x12 combo or head with matching 2x12 cab??

Chris

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Sun Aug 27, 2006 7:22 pm

Head and cab.