Moderator: bclaire

Aubrn16
Rocker

Post by Aubrn16 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:59 am

acoustic

jon reed
Rocker

Post by jon reed » Wed Aug 23, 2006 11:06 pm

I'm getting myself an Epiphone valve junior amp.

5 Watts class a valve amp for under £100. I can't wait. I would have thought that would be perfect for home use.
myspace.com/thevivahighrollers

riffmonster
Orange Master

Post by riffmonster » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:02 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by jon reed</i>
<br />
I'm getting myself an Epiphone valve junior amp.

5 Watts class a valve amp for under £100. I can't wait. I would have thought that would be perfect for home use.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I forgot about that one... combo?

Post a review.. I think a couple of people have them on the forum :D
Mark

Bentfinger
Orange Master

Post by Bentfinger » Thu Aug 24, 2006 12:51 am

I use an Ampeg Jet RI / 15 watt class a. Great verb', and really warm tone at low volumes, esp with a TS-9 in frt. Might want to get an amp when you get there, since they use different voltages, etc...I think alot of the smaller amps don't offer selectable power inputs..... All of the above are great suggestions..
http://www.myspace.com/fragilexrock
www.reverbnation.com/fragilex

"I Wanted To Be A Rock Star, But I Must of Been Standing In The Wrong Line"

treedroppings

Post by treedroppings » Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:49 am

how about the old supro Bantam 60s-era hand-built even ebay couldnt hurt it.. I got a '65 2-10 gretsch thru 'em

corky newman
Orange Master

Post by corky newman » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:20 pm

A fender bullet 150, and a Fender frontman 25R...both killer bedroom amps...one is for crunch & leads the other for cleans...

LeonC
Orange Master

Post by LeonC » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:35 pm

As for tube amps, if the amp is designed to acheive a really nice distortion tone via its pre-amp tubes and has a an excellent master volume circuit, it'll be your best bet, IMO. I've yet to hear an attenuator that sounds as good at extremely low volume as an amp with a good master. I sold my 12-W, attenuator-equipped Aiken Tomcat when I got my Rockerverb because the 50W RV sounded notably better than the 12W Tomcat at extremely low volume. And if the tube amp has very low wattage but no master or attenuator, it'll still be way too loud for home/appartment usage.

LeonC
Orange Master

Post by LeonC » Tue Sep 12, 2006 3:37 pm

And BTW, the Rockerverb has another mechanism that lets you keep its volume down as well - the effects loop. If you use a device in the effects loop with a good output level control, you can crank up the amp a bit and dial back the output level of your device in the loop. Works very, very nicely with my Rocktron Replifex.

Bluz57
Prince of Orange

Post by Bluz57 » Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:32 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by acorkos</i>
<br />for low, low volume playing, IMO, the best amp out there hands down is the roland micro cube....6 different amp models, onboard effects, vol/master vol, headphone jack, and battery operated portability (you can play in the yard or on the toilet if you want)...a lot of value for the money

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I decided to get one of these.Looks like a great deal for $125.99:)
Paint it blue 4 soul.