Live Pics

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

iwantanorangeamp
Orange Expert

Post by iwantanorangeamp » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:13 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Orange Bullet</i>
<br />Hey iwantanorangeamp,
We did a couple dates on the east coast. It was alot fun, but very very hot and lots of sunburn hahah..
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

haha... I went to the one in Dallas and then unfortunately I had to go to the DMV to get a drivers license pic the next day and my face is completely red from the sunburn in the photo
HI, my real name is Reo. I live in Dallas Texas and play an 82 American Strat through an AD30HTC through a Marshall 4X12

macahan
Orange Master

Post by macahan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:30 pm

Guess where??

Jacco428
Orange Master

Post by Jacco428 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:37 pm

Isn't that the Cavern ?

Is it true that the original place has been closed down and that this Cavern is the one next door?

Must be very cool to perform there though. you must have enjoyed yourself !

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Tue Aug 21, 2007 1:57 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jacco428</i>
<br />Isn't that the Cavern ?

Is it true that the original place has been closed down and that this Cavern is the one next door?

Must be very cool to perform there though. you must have enjoyed yourself !

I played the Cavern recently - that stage is still in the same venue, but bands are usually put on in a bigger side room now.

I guess they must still use that one occasionally too - it looks cooler, I must say! When I was there, that area was full of Japanese tourists very drunkenly singing Beatles songs acapella all night!
Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

Jacco428
Orange Master

Post by Jacco428 » Tue Aug 21, 2007 2:04 pm

According to Wikipedia.org it's not the same place, but they had it rebuilt:

World fame

The venue has been made world famous by The Beatles, and it was on Tuesday February 21, 1961, that the band made their first lunchtime appearance at the club. The band had returned to Liverpool from Hamburg, Germany, where they had been playing at the Indra and the Kaiserkeller for up to eight hours a night. Their stage show had been through a lot of changes and some in the audience thought they were watching a German band. From 1961 to 1963 The Beatles made 292 appearances at the club. During 1963, The Hollies took The Beatles' slot at the Cavern Club. The Beatles had graduated from the club and had been signed to EMI's Parlophone label by producer George Martin. The amount of musical activity in Liverpool and Manchester caused record producers who had previously never ventured very far from London to start looking to the north.
In the decade that followed, a wide variety of popular acts appeared at the club including The Rolling Stones, The Yardbirds, The Kinks, Elton John, The Who and John Lee Hooker. Future star Cilla Black worked as the hat-check girl at The Cavern in her pre-fame days.
A recording studio, "Cavern Sound" opened in the basement of an adjoining building, run by Nigel Greenberg and Peter Hepworth.
The club closed in March 1973, and was filled in during construction work on the Merseyrail underground rail loop.
[edit]The Cavern Club today

In April 1984 the club was taken over by Liverpool F.C. player Tommy Smith in association with Royal Life. It was re-built with many of the same bricks that had been used in the original club. The new club occupies 75% of the original site. The new design was to resemble the original as closely as possible. This was a difficult period of massive economical and political change in and around Liverpool and the club only survived until 1989, when it came under financial pressures and closed for 18 months. In 1991, two friends - school teacher Bill Heckle and Liverpool cabbie Dave Jones - reopened the club. They still run the club today and despite being a world famous tourist spot, the club continues to function primarily as a live music venue.
On December 14, 1999, former Beatle Paul McCartney returned to the New Cavern Club stage to play a set publicising his new album Run Devil Run.
The Cavern Club is still open as one of the UK's most famous venues. It has around 40 live bands performing every week; both tribute and original bands, although the majority perform their own material.
The venue now operates a pay to play policy where bands lose a prepaid deposit if they do not gather a fixed number of audience members there to see them.
The Cavern is also used as a tour warm-up venue with semi-secret gigs announced at the last moment. The Arctic Monkeys did this is on October 2005, as well as many others before them.

macahan
Orange Master

Post by macahan » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:13 pm

yeah, it's the cavern alright.
The original cavern was next door though.

who cares.. it's the bloody cavern.. and guess what, i now know why old musicians from that era are pretty much deaf.. tooo much volume and really harsh sounding venue.

onewaycpr
Orange Master

Post by onewaycpr » Tue Aug 21, 2007 6:34 pm

hey orange bullet whats your bands name?

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Aug 22, 2007 2:20 am

Here's one from a recent show, we'll be playing a HUGE (for us at least) show this thursday. A local venue, Starry Night, is closing its doors, and we got invited back to play night 1 of their 2 night farewell bash. We're excited. Anyhow, here's something from last saturday to tide you over:

vintage30
Orange Expert

Post by vintage30 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:05 am

Congratulations
ImageImage

vintage30
Orange Expert

Post by vintage30 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:06 am

You rock
ImageImage

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:49 am

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vintage30</i>
<br />You rock

Wait, us? Uh, thank you! (assuming we're talking about me/us, if not, then I step out of the way and let this compliment fly to whom ever it was intended for)...8)

natchos1
Rocker

Post by natchos1 » Wed Aug 22, 2007 6:15 am

l
Gibson Studio <font color="orange">--></font id="orange"> <font color="purple">Cornford Hurricane</font id="purple">

Mads

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:17 am

Here's an interesting pic form one of my recent gigs... :D No Orange that time, expect some shots of craziness with the AD30TC in them soon enough ;)

Teddy
The Blackwater Rebellion: 2-piece alt rock duo http://theblackwaterrebellion.bandcamp.com/
I play an AD30TC

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:35 pm

Is that an 'Attempted Spread Eagle'?
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

Le Chat Noir
Duke of Orange

Post by Le Chat Noir » Wed Aug 22, 2007 1:56 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rrrajo</i>
<br />Is that an 'Attempted Spread Eagle'?

Nah, it's a 'Prostrating Oneself At The Feet of The Beasts Of Rock' ;)
Teddy
I play an AD30TC