OT: When is it time to record an EP?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Re: OT: When is it time to record an EP?

Post by OrangePaul » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:17 pm

What parts do you play in your 'Modest News' setup (in sig link) .... or is that all you on there?

I really like some of that stuff! Maybe get the singer to add some vocals on there.
Paul.

Boy_Narf
Orange Master

Re: OT: When is it time to record an EP?

Post by Boy_Narf » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:06 pm

Modest News is all me (Solo Project). I write the drums live, then reproduce them with EZ drummer. So much easier for a mini studio/office than micing up my whole kit. No room in my house to do that anyhow even if I wanted to. Would have to take over the living room haha. I have a few more songs to demo out, and like I think I said above it can take months to get me in the right mood to record a song. One day I will do vocals. Takes me forever to write lyrics/melodies, as It is defiantly not my forte. I was hoping to have a bunch of tracks recorded, then see if I can get a band together. Jam for a while on the instrumental thing, and start working on lyrics at that time. Been a slow ride though. I must be hitting a new record recording roughly one song a year haha. I'm really not into recording.

I do have a cliché acoustic two piece project that I want to start recording when I get my Martin back from the repair shop. It only has kick drum so I will most likely program for the sake of simplicity. I can just imaging sitting there recording a kick drum on it's own to an entire CD.

The other link (scratch buffalo) is the band I'm drumming in. Most of our posted stuff is live with the exception of one EZ drummer track. As you will hear, I have awful tempo control live (another issue I'm really working on). Wanna start at 60bpm? I don't care cause it's goona be at 100 by the end anyway haha. I've decided to start playing to a click at band practice to help hopefully help improve my tempo. Singer says he like that I speed up in choruses and slow down in verses, but I think he is just being nice hah. I guess one of the problems with not taking any drum lessons. I had been drumming for over a decade before I even tried playing with a click. Never had a chance to embed the click in my brain while I was learning.