NAD! OR15 and PPC212 OpenCab

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: NAD! OR15 and PPC212 OpenCab

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Dec 23, 2014 12:12 am

Just thought I'd point out the inspiration for those pickups - the "Sidewinder" bass humbucker found in the neck position of the EB-0. It is a very good concept and perfectly logical for guitar, even if it sounds like mud in the EB-0.

Heffe213

Post by Heffe213 » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:43 am

Randy Bass wrote:Just thought I'd point out the inspiration for those pickups - the "Sidewinder" bass humbucker found in the neck position of the EB-0. It is a very good concept and perfectly logical for guitar, even if it sounds like mud in the EB-0.
Thanks! I did not know that, it is amazing in guitar, truthfully the best "split" single coil sound I have heard.
a.hun wrote:Nice to know you could just swap out for standard tuners. Would that then be fairly invisible, do you know?
Yes you can, the mini tune just comes off with the top 6 tuner post nuts, it would be like installing tuners on a headstock without tuners ever being installed, not even any screw holes on the back of the headstock.
a.hun wrote:And the 15dB boost? Is that powered then? Not seeing any real info on the Gibson site but I don't see it being passive if it is a real boost - rather than lifting a 15dB cut. 15dB is quite a lot. With a compressed amp that'd give you a shedload of extra gain. Useful Into something much less compressed though (Hiwatt, R.30 Natural channel) you might be risking some serious pain.
Yes it is powered by a 9v battery located in the rear cavity. It also has a trim pot to adjust to your amp and style of playing.
a.hun wrote:Looks like a really nice job on the refinish. Got any better pics of the guitar?
You bet, see below.
a.hun wrote:
Peavey Classic 30
Femder Pro Junior :?
I've got both a C.30 and PJ myself. Seems we both have pretty good taste! 8)
They are really great Amps! Though I replaced the stock speakers, a weber sig10 ceramic in the pro junior, and a warehouse ET-65(celestion heritage clone) in the classic 30. Love them too!

2014 Gibson Les Paul Futura
2014 Gibson Les Paul Studio
2013 Gibson Les Paul Special P90
2013 Gibson Les Paul Special HB
2013 Gibson SGJ
2010 Godin Session

Orange OR15 w/ PPC212OB
Peavey Classic 30
Fender Pro Junior

http://www.charmschooldropouts.com

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Tue Dec 23, 2014 4:24 pm

Thanks for the pic. Looks great! 8)

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!