Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

apocalypsedude
Rocker

Re: Sovtek Mig 100h

Post by apocalypsedude » Thu Jan 16, 2014 9:22 pm

indianDYsummer wrote:
myboss57 wrote:
indianDYsummer wrote:How different are the two channels? Is it like a clean/dirty setup or more of a dirty/less dirty?

My mig 50 also has ridiculous amounts of bass and mids on tap. It's pretty overwhelming.
Do you mean the High and Low inputs? I only used the high input so far, but with Volume up (basically preamp volume) I have plenty of dirt. Yeah, I haven't dimed the bass or miss yet, but I can tell there's plenty there! I did dime the presence at one point and it can get pretty raspy/harsh with that.

Yeah, I was referencing the low input. It's my understanding that you can only use 1 input at a time on these amps, and then rhythm channel is way cleaner. Just wondering if there's any truth to that!

I'm gonna go play my Mig 50 when I get home. :D Sorry, rocker 30!
Yes you are correct, if you want clean, you plug into the low input, if you want gain, you plug into the high. Its also my understanding that you can't use a Y cable to switch between the two inputs :( I haven't experimented much on mine to see how dirty the low input gets with the volume up and the master kept low, but as I recall you can get a pretty good edge of breakup tone.
Orange Dual Dark 50
Rocker 30 head
Ceriatone 2555 (Marshall Silver Jubilee clone)
Framus 4x12 V30s
Fender Pro Jr.
LP Classic 2006
LP Standard 1993
'81 Greco, Japanese "lawsuit" LP Custom
SG Standard 1992