Re: Dinosaur Jr.

Post by TESLA_EL34 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:45 pm

the pre reunion stuff is great too...
accept darkness.

billyp77
Rocker

Post by billyp77 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:51 pm

whatever is cool with me was the first album i bought of theres and i thought it was good enough to buy the rest when they came out

Van Cleef
Orange Master

Post by Van Cleef » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:00 am

I grew up with Dino Jr - have seen em 6 times and seen J solo (Fog) twice...

I love the first album dinosaur and also you're living all over me...

one of their best songs is actually off Where You Been - the opening track 'Out There' is just phenomenal...

Greenmind is also completely awesome - almost a solo album

I love all their stuff except I wasn't really that keen on Hand it Over... it felt like they were going through the motions...

anybody else here a fan of J's side projects?

Fog
Witch?
Sweetapple?
LIKE SPACE ROCK? = VAN CLEEF @ BANDCAMP http://vancleef.bandcamp.com/

aljazz
Tiny Terror

Post by aljazz » Thu Nov 04, 2010 4:02 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5yeUlj1_M0" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; <- this rocks. Even more than the album version.

mselego
Rocker

Post by mselego » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:36 am

I've heard the J. Mascis and the Fog stuff but not the other two you speak of. I'll have to checkem out.

I also really like Sebadoh, the band Lou Barlow started after he first got kicked out of Dinosaur Jr. in early 90s. Their not so big on epic guitar solos and such but still great music. Their album Bakesale is definitely in my top 10 all time favs.

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:27 pm

mselego wrote:I've heard the J. Mascis and the Fog stuff but not the other two you speak of. I'll have to checkem out.

I also really like Sebadoh, the band Lou Barlow started after he first got kicked out of Dinosaur Jr. in early 90s. Their not so big on epic guitar solos and such but still great music. Their album Bakesale is definitely in my top 10 all time favs.
YES! Bakesale is my favorite Sebadoh record for sure. Did you see them on the reunion tour a couple years ago? It was way cool.

mselego
Rocker

Post by mselego » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:16 pm

As a matter of fact I did! Great show. My first time seeing them and I had no idea that they switched instruments that much.

On a DJ note I caught a J. Mascis solo, "acoustic" set. It was really good. He has the loop pedal mastered and his rig also includes distortion pedals for the solos. Totally blew me away.