bclaire
Forum Moderator

Re: Tap tap tap... this thing on?

Post by bclaire » Fri May 06, 2022 10:30 am

ironlung40 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 8:16 pm
That's a sweet geetar!
It'll be sweeter when I finally get it!

Musicians Friend claims to not hit your credit card until it ships but they charged me and no shipping info....

OU818
Orange Master

Post by OU818 » Mon May 16, 2022 10:43 pm

Wooo I can finally log in again!

Turns out the login screen doesn't work but the fields at the bottom of the landing page do. Good to know!

Lots of new gear for me but nothing new Orange wise. Still rocking my AD200 and OBC810 when I can get away with a rig that size. Lately picked up a Gibson Midtown Signature Bass, old Woogie Lessie bass head (made in Adelaide AUS) and a Laney Digbeth Vertical 410 which I am looking forward to giving a thorough thrashing at my next rehearsal.

I did actually add an Orange Two Stroke to my board which is now an always on pedal. It just gives that little extra control that my passive bass can't.
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Nikki Sixx Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

groundmeat
Tiny Terror

Post by groundmeat » Wed Jul 20, 2022 4:43 am

bclaire wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 10:30 am
ironlung40 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 8:16 pm
That's a sweet geetar!
It'll be sweeter when I finally get it!

Musicians Friend claims to not hit your credit card until it ships but they charged me and no shipping info....
Hopefully you did get it.

It looks really cool, but I think I tried out a Gretsch acoustic a while back and wasn't liking the sound of it. Very stiff and closed off, not bright and loud like you'd want from an acoustic. But I dunno, perhaps you're doing the acoustic-electric thing with it and it's good for that. At any rate, if YOU like it, all that matters.

Me personally, I'm really liking the Taylor Big Baby. It's pretty cheap-ish price wise, is something like 7/8th size (a tad smaller than a full size dreadnought) but still sounds just as big and booming as a full size. In fact side by side, the sound coming from it (to me anyway) is every bit as comparable to a full sized high dollar Taylor or a Gibson or a made in USA Martin. Neck is some kinda strange bolted on thing, with two screws through the fretboard, which looks kinda ugly... but the sound you get is worth it all day. Older ones have a mahogany neck, I think the current productions feature a maple neck (both still have some kinda ebony or rosewood fingerboard). The newer maple neck ones a teeny weeny bit less warm sounding, but still nice and full. I'm procrasterbating the idea of buying an older/used mahogany neck one from the Guitar Center site. I got the money, I just... don't know that maybe there isn't another toy I'd rather have. There's always that thing you see AFTER you buy the toy that makes you go, "AW NO! I coulda had that!"

Been a while since I bought any vintage "collectible" pedals. Would like to find an old Bad Stone phaser if I could. Maybe a white face ProCo Rat. Would jump through my own underwear to get a tube-driven EHX Wiggler tremolo that they discontinued a few years ago before I could manage to buy one, those things were cool as hell. (Noisy as hell too, but still nice and authentically "OLD" sounding like you want from a tube tremolo)

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:39 pm

So, the guitar is pretty cool. Not full sounding like any of my Gibsons, but.... it really cut through the mix at rehearsal and the subsequent gig we had! So there's that.

Plus Syl approves - he learned to say "Git-tar"

https://www.facebook.com/billyclaire411 ... 4956968375

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:11 pm

bclaire wrote:
Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:39 pm
So, the guitar is pretty cool. Not full sounding like any of my Gibsons, but.... it really cut through the mix at rehearsal and the subsequent gig we had! So there's that.

Guitar was one of my sons 1st words... whilst riding my LP gibson case.....

Still around too.

Ish.

Still playing my Orange amps occasionally, but a house purchase/project has majorly gotten in the way of everything since late 2019. Another year of it and I can resume playing and try to get a band going again I hope.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:24 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:11 pm
bclaire wrote:

Still around too.

Ish.

Still playing my Orange amps occasionally, but a house purchase/project has majorly gotten in the way of everything since late 2019. Another year of it and I can resume playing and try to get a band going again I hope.
I just had a hip replacement in August so getting back in the swing of things. Taking the month of September off from work to recover but I'm getting around OK now 5 weeks out, and had a gig last night!

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:28 pm

bclaire wrote:
Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:24 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:
Sat Sep 03, 2022 9:11 pm
bclaire wrote:

Still around too.

Ish.

I just had a hip replacement in August so getting back in the swing of things. Taking the month of September off from work to recover but I'm getting around OK now 5 weeks out, and had a gig last night!

Glad you're doing better. Most people I know who had this type of procedure are much better shortly after the op.

You'll need that to run after your son!!!!
Ant

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:52 pm

Les Paul Lover wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:28 pm
bclaire wrote:

Glad you're doing better. Most people I know who had this type of procedure are much better shortly after the op.

You aren't kidding. When I stopped using a walker or crutches and started just walking, he did, too!

And he's getting FAST! ha ha ha

Here he is at soundcheck....

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:59 pm

bclaire wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:52 pm
Les Paul Lover wrote:
Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:28 pm
bclaire wrote:

You aren't kidding. When I stopped using a walker or crutches and started just walking, he did, too!

And he's getting FAST! ha ha ha

Here he is at soundcheck....

Can't see the pic, but I'm following you on Facebook so have seen pics of him growing up.
He's growing well, a fine young lad!!!!

I had a neighbourhood gig where my son (3yo then) joined me on stage and started to randomly switch on fuzzes/distortion/reverb/delay as I tried to play some jazzy numbers...... (with my Orange AD15).
People thought he was very cute and amusing.... :lol:
My wife was powerless to stop him as breastfeeding my 3 months old daughter..... :lol: bless!!!!!

Great memory.
Ant