NAD - Orange and Friedman, what a combo!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

ilikeoverdrive

NAD - Orange and Friedman, what a combo!

Post by ilikeoverdrive » Fri May 17, 2019 8:45 pm

Greetings forum! Very long time reader here, finally ready to make his first orangey post!

At long last, I finally found the matchiest match for my strat and bucker tone needs!
It's the second time I'm buying an Orange OR15, after having to sell the last one for traveling purposes. And I just knew the moment I sold it that, if I'll ever buy another tube amp, I will still end up with my trusty little citrus.

As for the cab? I was just surprised at the tones this Creamback loaded box of joy can push: tight and punchy lows, full mids and a very nicely detailed treble response. The Friedman PT112 quickly earned its top place in my 112 tone ranking! And the slightly less efficient speaker does let you turn that MV up for even more tubey goodness at rather humane levels, haha! You can get away with bringing both the master and the gain up to 12 o'clock if your place has walls on the thicker side. Thick gain and sparkly clean tones wait for you there with just picking dynamics (no guitar volume knob roll-off needed anymore)!

But a motion picture with Sennheiser E906 and Shure SM57 sounds is worth slightly more than 1000 words, so here's a short unboxing and playthrough with all the pot turnings, picking dynamics and powerful gain needed! Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUPbGlAiI3c

And so, my low watt high gain rig is complete (for now)! It's good to be back in the Orange grove!

I guess you don't see an Orange amp in a Friedman cab everyday haha, who'd've thought? Any more wacky combos out there? :) :P
You'll find gear demos, gear reviews, gear shootouts, gear comparisons, gear gear and music on this channel.
Much gear. Many guitars.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChnmUN ... nnwWbAs9g/

stargazer747
Tiny Terror

Re: NAD - Orange and Friedman, what a combo!

Post by stargazer747 » Mon May 20, 2019 11:23 am

We've chatted on the other forum for your new rig, killer tone!
Orange Rocker 15 Terror-EVH5150III-Hughes&Kettner-Marshall-Celestion-Jackson-Fender-Gibson-PRS-Laguna-AnalogAlien-Earthquaker-Walrus-CryBaby-MXR-BOSS-EHX-Ibanez-TCE-ZOOM-DiMarzio-ErnieBall-Tortex-Pedaltrain

Shawn Rock

Post by Shawn Rock » Mon May 20, 2019 3:43 pm

Nice. Or15 here too. Fanreakintastic.

Beefeater

Post by Beefeater » Fri May 24, 2019 5:16 am

I like your style! My OR15 is proudly seated on a Friedman 212 Vintage! I'm really digging those creamback tones though! V30s haven't been doing much for me lately with any amp besides that OR15.