Orange Rocker 15 with PPC112 cabinet

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

dtox

Re: Orange Rocker 15 with PPC112 cabinet

Post by dtox » Mon Aug 20, 2018 10:38 am

No not yet. Haven’t had time. I’ll post once I do though.
Orange Gear: Rockerverb 100 mkIII, Rocker15, Dark Terror, PPC212, PPC112, Micro Crush
Past Orange: Micro Terror, Micro Dark, TH30

Guitars: Gibson: ES-335, Les Paul Classic Gold Top, SG 60s Tribute, Fender: USA Standard Strat, USA Performer Tele HS

Hammerheart

Post by Hammerheart » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:15 pm

Rattling fixed!

I took the 4 screws out that hold the amp head to the cab, removed the amp and sat it so it would run with the speaker facing the floor.

My rattle occurred every time I played a A note so with the head cranked and a WOODEN(!!) chopstick in hand I droned an A note. With the chopstick I touched the springs visible through the tops of the preamp tube caps and when I touched the centre one the rattle stopped. I turned the amp off, waited for it to cool, took the preamp cap off, reseated the spring (technical term for "wiggled it around a bit") and put it back in place (I actually swapped a couple of the preamp metal lids to be sure). I then reassembled.

All rattle gone. Even when cranked silly loud. Thankfully it was on a really easy to get to part that I felt comfortable tweaking. I had a feeling it would be something simple.

Hope this helps.

dtox

Post by dtox » Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Nice! I will have to try that. Just need to find some time.
Orange Gear: Rockerverb 100 mkIII, Rocker15, Dark Terror, PPC212, PPC112, Micro Crush
Past Orange: Micro Terror, Micro Dark, TH30

Guitars: Gibson: ES-335, Les Paul Classic Gold Top, SG 60s Tribute, Fender: USA Standard Strat, USA Performer Tele HS