NPD: TC Electronic Ditto Looper

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

OU818
Orange Master

Re: NPD: TC Electronic Ditto Looper

Post by OU818 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:14 am

I made this the other day. Unfortunately I only linked this video and not the video of me actually creating the loop as I wanted to point out how wanky my soloing was, wasn't aiming at a gear demo.

Still, I made the loop on the fly and reckon it turned out pretty cool.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=344394229014733" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Nikki Sixx Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:12 pm

nice carpet ;) haha, and that pedal is great too. i'm trying not to be tempted...but i'm not doing a very good job of it.
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

OU818
Orange Master

Post by OU818 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:41 am

My nylon faux grass rug is awesome.

When I get home (away for work) I will do a break down demo of creating a loop. I'll also refrain from badly soloing.
Orange Gear:
AD200B MkIII
OBC810

Non-Orange:
Bergantino NXT212
Bergantino Forte D
Woogie Lessie
Laney DBV-410

Basses:
Ernie Ball Stingray 4H
Rickenbacker 4003
Gibson Midtown Signature
Gibson Thunderbird
Gibson Nikki Sixx Thunderbird
Gibson Les Paul Bass

jesperbc
Orange Hero

Post by jesperbc » Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:18 pm

I just got a Ditto Looper myself, through some crazy mix of good luck, lousy postal service and a little cheekiness.

I recently won a t-shirt in a TC Electronic Facebook competition, but the t-shirt never arrived. I poked them about it, and they said they'd send me a new one along with a tracking ID. I tried, cheekily, suggesting that they exchange the t-shirt for a Ditto Looper, and damned if they didn't send me a Ditto Looper!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/5725663/392896 ... 8219_n.jpg

From Facebook:
Conversation started February 21
Jesper
Hey. I'm only now seeing that I've won. I use size large in t-shirt. I live at [address deleted].
Mvh. Jesper

March 5
12:09am
Jesper
Poke.

March 5
12:56pm
TC Electronic
Uhm - that means you didnt receive our package yet? Give me a bit to look into it and get back to ya.

1:01pm
Jesper
Yup, didn't receive anything, sadly. But thank you for the response.

3:19pm
TC Electronic
No worries man - hang in there, we're working on it

3:20pm
Jesper
Thanks.

March 17
8:05am
Jesper
Any news? I still haven't recieved anything. Don't mean to rush you or anything.
My address is: [address deleted]

March 18
1:02pm
TC Electronic
It's no rush, just really weird. I think what we'll do is send a new package and give you a tracking number. Sorry it's taking so long man. I have not lived in denmark very long but this seems weird. Somewhere there's mail guys in TC shirts!

1:21pm
Jesper
That sounds like a great idea.

1:51pm
Jesper
Maybe exchange the T-shirt for a Ditto Looper?

March 20
4:08pm
TC Electronic
You know what: we will. it's ridiculous you have to wait for your stuff for so long - and I can find you a Ditto right here at HQ. Let me get to that tomorrow when I get back in the office.
at the rate things are going, you should get it somewhere before 2017

4:33pm
Jesper
I will look forward to that!

Monday
4:14pm
TC Electronic
Hey Jesper - just wanted to send you this, which is a tracking nr. for ur Ditto. I think this is for Danish postal service. DPD tracking no. [deleted]. Sorry again for all the hassle man. Send us a pic once it's on ur board, OK?

4:21pm
Jesper
Will do, and thanks a lot! I really appreciate it. Pic incoming soonish, if the postman doesn't steal my package again.
Gear: Orange Rocker 30 head, Orange TH100 head, Orange PPC212OB cab, pedals galore, Fender MIJ 52 RI Tele w. BKP Blackguard Flat '52s, Fender MIA Standard Strat w. Fender CS Fat '50s, ESP LTD MH-1000 w. BKP (AlNiCo) Nailbomb/VHII.

Invin
Orange Hero

Post by Invin » Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:02 pm

jesperbc wrote:I just got a Ditto Looper myself, through some crazy mix of good luck, lousy postal service and a little cheekiness.

I recently won a t-shirt in a TC Electronic Facebook competition, but the t-shirt never arrived. I poked them about it, and they said they'd send me a new one along with a tracking ID. I tried, cheekily, suggesting that they exchange the t-shirt for a Ditto Looper, and damned if they didn't send me a Ditto Looper!

That's awesome :lol:
TH 30
Eminence Wizard & Governor 2x12
ESP Eclipse II JB/'59, Charvel San Dimas Style 2 JB/'59
Tomkat Bender, TU-2, Crybaby Mini, Palisades, Xotic RC, Euphoria, MVP, Sentry, Blue Sky, Grand Orbiter V2, Timeline, Alter Ego, Dispatch Master, Ditto X2

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:49 am

Invin wrote:That's awesome :lol:
Ditto! :lol:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

DiabloS
Orange Master

NPD: TC Electronic Ditto Looper

Post by DiabloS » Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:55 am

Cool story how you got that looper you lucky sob! haha

On a side note, this thread reminded me that I need to start using my Boss RC-3 more, so I did. The built-in drum machine for me was a requirement when it came to a looper pedal which is why I got the Boss, I like to practice along to a beat.

It's not super hard to use, but I tend to forget how to use it if I don't take it out for a long period though.
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

Audiofan

Post by Audiofan » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:28 am

Yes, I think this will be a very successful one for TC. The pedal is very neat. An interesting review here for those still investigating ! :mrgreen: http://en.audiofanzine.com/guitar-delay ... eview.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Invin
Orange Hero

Post by Invin » Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:08 pm

Just got mine in the mail, and wow, the Ditto is even smaller in person than I expected from photos. It was funny because Prymaxe Vintage sent it in a big USPS bag (think of a large bag of potato chips) and in the bottom corner was this tiiiiiiiiiiiny little Ditto box, and nothing else haha.

It works perfectly placed last in the FX loop of my TH30. Sound quality seems much better than the Boss RC-3 I had, and it picks up any FX I use without a hitch, whether they're in front of the amp, in the FX loop, or a mixture of pedals in each.

I'll make a video once I get some decent loops put together to demo it.
TH 30
Tomkat Bender, TU-2, Crybaby Mini, Palisades, Xotic RC, Euphoria, MVP, Sentry, Blue Sky, Grand Orbiter V2, Timeline, Alter Ego, Dispatch Master, Ditto X2

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu Apr 04, 2013 1:46 am

Invin wrote:
jesperbc wrote:I just got a Ditto Looper myself, through some crazy mix of good luck, lousy postal service and a little cheekiness.

That's awesome :lol:
Dude, seriously, TC Electronic just went up in my book, and they were already pretty darn high. Awesome company. :)

I've seen Electro-Harmonix and Orange act in the same way, handing out swag and and good times. :)

Invin
Orange Hero

Post by Invin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:47 am

Well here's my first jam with it, hope you enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKFMH2cM ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
TH 30

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:26 pm

Invin wrote:Well here's my first jam with it, hope you enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKFMH2cM ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice! I dig that tone, and cool use of frequency registers to give you the feeling of alternating between two sections/instruments. :)

Invin
Orange Hero

Post by Invin » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:31 pm

Neiloler wrote:
Invin wrote:Well here's my first jam with it, hope you enjoy! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKFMH2cM ... e=youtu.be" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Nice! I dig that tone, and cool use of frequency registers to give you the feeling of alternating between two sections/instruments. :)
I'm curious about this use of frequency registers thing. I wasn't aware I was doing it :lol: I'd like to know what it's all about so I can identify and use it again.

I played two layers clean for the backing track, one picking each note of the chords and the other with volume swells in a hall reverb, then I added an overdrive to the same clean tone for the leads.
TH 30