Hello. This is my first post. I bought a TH30.......

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Lawsam

Hello. This is my first post. I bought a TH30.......

Post by Lawsam » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:21 pm

I did not realize that the amp was built in China until I got home with it. Now, I have questions about it's durability vs. Orange amps built in England. Frankly, I like the sounds that I am getting from the TH30 and if it is of good quality I'd like to hang on to it. But if users have had bad experiences with it I'd appreciate your comments.

Also, it is the TH30 head that I bought and I also got the 2x12 closed back cab. It sounds very good but is a little harder to move around than I thought it would be. I was thinking about getting two 1x12 cabs and using them both as a stack. They would be easier for this 61 year old to move around.

Would I be sacrificing much of the boldness of the 2x12 cab by using two 1x12 cabs?

Thanks in advance you anyone's help.

Sam

jason41224
Orange Master

Re: Hello. This is my first post. I bought a TH30.......

Post by jason41224 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 5:49 pm

Welcome! And congratulations on your new amp.

To answer your questions, yes th TH like if amps is among a new breed of oranges made in the Far East, along with the tiny terror series. There haven't been any major running reliability issues that we know of here apart from the usual things one would expect from getting a new amp. So f it sounds good, it is good!

I would tend to think that a 212 cab would be much more punchy sounding that a couple of 112 cabs, buts that's not to say they would sound bad. You'd have to try it for yourself. You could always get a road case with casters on it or a dolly to carry the 212 around if you feel the need to
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals

Legend

Post by Legend » Wed Feb 27, 2013 6:23 pm

Im a TH owner and these are great amps, dont worry a them being made in china.
Orange TH100
Mesa Dual Rec Multi Watt
Mesa Royal Atlantic
Mesa Cabs
Gibson Guitars
Taylor Guitars
Maxon OD 808

Lawsam

Post by Lawsam » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:10 pm

Thanks Jason and Legend. Anyone else have experience with the TH30?

Les Paul Lover
Duke of Orange

Post by Les Paul Lover » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:41 pm

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!!!

Have you tried your TH30 clean channel fully cranked??? I heavily recommend it..... !!!!

I own the PPC212 too, I'm 35 and I find it a bugger to move it too. Sure way to make my back tingle a day or two after if I do it on my own.
Ant

Orange Gear: RV50 MKI, R30, AD15, PPC212
And.... Genz Benz Black Pearl 30
Past Orange: AD30TC Combo, TT, AD5

Guitars: Gibson Les Paul Standard Faded, Vigier Expert Retro 54, Gibson SG 70s Tribute, Aria Pro II RS X80, G&L ASAT Special Tribute

jesperbc
Orange Hero

Post by jesperbc » Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:34 pm

I'm guessing that the Chinese made Orange amps have to adhere to the same strict quality control that British made Orange amps do?!
Gear: Orange Rocker 30 head, Orange TH100 head, Orange PPC212OB cab, pedals galore, Fender MIJ 52 RI Tele w. BKP Blackguard Flat '52s, Fender MIA Standard Strat w. Fender CS Fat '50s, ESP LTD MH-1000 w. BKP (AlNiCo) Nailbomb/VHII.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:55 am

jesperbc wrote:I'm guessing that the Chinese made Orange amps have to adhere to the same strict quality control that British made Orange amps do?!
Well Orange really don't want to dent their great reputation for quality amps by coming out with lemons, so basically I'd guess the same. As jason41224 said already there certainly have been any major quality issues here, just the occasional isolated faults which Orange are always keen to deal with to keep a happy customer - the way it should be.

There is actually a lot of very good quality music gear coming out of China now. Some of the electric and even acoustic guitars made there are astonishingly good. Times are changing...

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!