Mini NAD!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

DiabloS
Orange Master

Mini NAD!

Post by DiabloS » Sun May 06, 2012 3:02 pm

This probably barely qualifies as a new amp day...haha.. but I just picked up a used Roland Micro Cube for $50 2 streets over from where I live. I mostly picked it up to have in the living room when the wife's not around and I just wanna play around, or to having something really portable to bring out on the patio during the summer and stuff. It had been a while since I played one, having lots of fun with it so far! I like the JC clean, Brit Combo and Classic stack models, the effects are nice too.
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror

Dollywitch
Tiny Terror

Re: Mini NAD!

Post by Dollywitch » Sun May 06, 2012 4:04 pm

Of course it does, they are great little amps. Surprising amount of low end for a tiny box. Shame the metal setting sucks so much. You can't get much gain out of it aside from that setting, need to use pedals.

DiabloS
Orange Master

Mini NAD!

Post by DiabloS » Sun May 06, 2012 7:10 pm

Dollywitch wrote:Of course it does, they are great little amps. Surprising amount of low end for a tiny box. Shame the metal setting sucks so much. You can't get much gain out of it aside from that setting, need to use pedals.
Yeah the low end was the first thing I noticed, such a tiny little box but I can feel the floor shake when I palm mute on the Classic Stack model! I can get enough gain out of the Classic stack for most of my purposes. I can live with the rectifier model for the odd time that I'll use it to play something really heavy with lots of gain, but yeah it's not the best compared to the other options on there.
DOWNLOAD THE DIABLO STRANGE EP FOR FREE HERE -> http://diablostrange.bandcamp.com

Currently own:
Dual Terror
Micro Terror
PPC212OB

Used to own:
Thunderverb 50
Rocker 30
Tiny Terror