ordered my vox ac4tv yesterday!

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

jizzle123
Orange Hero

ordered my vox ac4tv yesterday!

Post by jizzle123 » Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:30 pm

now im just waiting for it to get here, i ended up getting the 1x10 combo, i wanted to stack so bad but i couldn't justify paying nearly $200 more for it, especially when the whole reason for me getting the amp is so i have something small and really portable. ill post some pics when it gets here. 8)

"I think our God isn't God if he fits inside our heads"

Wicked_Tone
Rocker

Re: ordered my vox ac4tv yesterday!

Post by Wicked_Tone » Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Cool! Congrats man. Those compact Vox amps are an awesome deal. Post some pics when you get it. 8)

Ale
Rocker

Post by Ale » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:47 am

let us know when it arrives..i'm interested too in this amp,i wanna buy it for home playing
Music is the best lover...

GIBSON LES PAUL STUDIO

MARTIN DC 16E PREMIUM PLUS

tbonesteak
Tiny Terror

Post by tbonesteak » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 pm

I'm interested in getting this as a practice amp while my band is playing around school since neither of us guitarists trust bringing our "good" gear to a house of 10 dudes. I just hope it can keep up with the other guitarist's Tiny Terror :-/. Definitely let us know what you think when you get a chance. Thanks!
PRS McCarty / Les Paul Studio > Fender Blender > MXR Phase 90 > MXR Carbon Copy > Vox AC30CCH > Avatar 212

jizzle123
Orange Hero

Post by jizzle123 » Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:58 am

tbonesteak wrote:I'm interested in getting this as a practice amp while my band is playing around school since neither of us guitarists trust bringing our "good" gear to a house of 10 dudes. I just hope it can keep up with the other guitarist's Tiny Terror :-/. Definitely let us know what you think when you get a chance. Thanks!
will do! i'm really curious how it'll sound myself, this is the first gear purchase i've made without playing one first :P although ive seen some videos and ive played alot of vox amps it has the vox sound but .....i dont know what to say, we'll see when it gets here ill let you guys know though

Y0UNGBL00D
Orange Master

Post by Y0UNGBL00D » Thu Mar 11, 2010 8:05 am

Def want the head version. the price/sound/output options literally cannot be beaten for the price (though I wish more companies would try!) This amp will take over the world.
Thunderverb 50,
modded SG, pedals, shiner bock.

philhed
Rocker

Post by philhed » Thu Mar 11, 2010 12:05 pm

i played it a few times in some shops......it sounds absolutely amazing......and the possobility to switch it down to 1/4 watt is awesome....but even at 1/4 watt it´s still loud.....but the sounds are sweet!
i´d buy it in a second if i had the money and didn´t already have a valve junior, which i really love....i would like to own both since they sound quite different....maybe the vox is a little bit more versatile.....

but the valve junior is definatey also worth a try....since they are really cheap....but there seem to be good ones, and some that are not as good...at least build quality-wise....dunno

i bought mine used for 80 bucks....and i love it...especially for recording

cheers

Neiloler
Lord of Orange

Post by Neiloler » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:23 pm

I've recently fallen in love with the idea of a small 10" combo. Please do post pictures, review, rantings, etc when you get this one. :)

Thinline_slim
Orange Master

Post by Thinline_slim » Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:39 pm

Should be awesome for you. I owned the head for a few days then sent it back for the 10" combo, which for me was definitely the way to go for this amp. I ended up sending it back when I found out that my Marshall Class 5 had the rattle of doom and I returned them both to get something much bigger.

Great little amp though.
Jake
OrangePaul wrote:Ok gitar lead to you Jake :D
"One of the 400"

http://www.purevolume.com/JakeMcallasterBand/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

jizzle123
Orange Hero

Post by jizzle123 » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:20 pm

Got the vox today!

ill post pictures and my opinions on the amp when i get the chance i gotta go to work right now but the little bit ive played of the amp so far im veryyyyy pleased with the purchase 8)