Moving on...

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

feider
Lord of Orange

Re: Moving on...

Post by feider » Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:48 pm

Ever try a Laney gh50l?
My name is Scott. This is my other forum. http://bluesguitar.forumcircle.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:50 pm

irish_admiral wrote:Not surprised... try a clean booster.
I'm off to try the MXR Microamp at the weekend, weather permitting. Decided I can't egt enough of a boost with the volume pot alone. I've got the Rocker particularly in mind, but if it works well on the TT too, that'll be a bonus.

Reaperc89

Post by Reaperc89 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:57 pm

Upgrade to this

Les paul and an orange are all you need :)

Bink
Orange Master

Post by Bink » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:19 pm

Reaperc89 wrote:Upgrade to this

Les paul and an orange are all you need :)
Oh, hello!

They look great together! 8)
Chris
PRS CU22
Present: TT, PPC 112 (Heritage G12M)
Past: AD15
Image Image

Blainy
Orange Master

Post by Blainy » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:42 pm

Beautiful....I must say when I heard "can't get ballsy heavy rock" on a Rocker, I can't understand it. My Les Paul sounds thunderously ballsy and eats hard rock for breakfast. Makes our other guitarist who has a Mesa and a Cornford green with envy sometimes.

jord123
Orange Hero

Post by jord123 » Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:19 am

yeah..... +1 for pedals. ballsy loud rock is all I can get out of my rocker 30h. although the dirty channel does get fizzy past 2 0'clock. i use it for a glassy overdrive and then use a pedal for serious distortion. then if you want it less fat, switch to the nat channel. or just buy a black finger compressor. would love to try a fulltone fd2 or something like that, as my ts808 is alright but makes things even darker. or if you have extra cash buya hiwatt or soldano!
Rain..Ammunition

spewing
Rocker

Post by spewing » Tue Jan 12, 2010 1:22 am

This might sound ridiculous, but it works on my AD30... turn your treble all the way down and put your mid and bass at 12 o'clock. Jack the Master to 3 o'clock and gain up to taste. There is enough high end in the mids and the fizz is gone. The amp gets way punchier. Very Jimmy Page sounding. Hit it with a clean boot like a Keeley Katana and your are in 80's rock mode. Orange EQ is a strange beast.

Also, drop your homemade cab and snag a used Marshall 1960A. Even with stock speakers it makes a HUGE difference in the tightness of the amp.

lordoflax
Orange Expert

Post by lordoflax » Sun Jan 17, 2010 2:22 pm

I spent yesterday demoing some songs with the band in a local studio. I had the choice between using my rocker or a JCM900 (unfortunately the 100 watt lead series) and to my suprise I had to choose the marshall. Personally, it still wasn't great but it was going towards the right direction. I agree with the Jcm900 being also too fizzy.
Danny.

bodhi2600
Tiny Terror

Post by bodhi2600 » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:39 pm

cool vid, a bluesman with great tone and old gear...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7TZeCnta ... r2-2r-7-HM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lanning

Post by Lanning » Sun Jan 17, 2010 9:37 pm

If you want a balzzzzzy rock/hard rock sound with a ton of dynamics and enough low end thump to choke a donkey, the look at the Randall RM 50 with a Plexi Module. I just tried one and was blown completely away. That and the amp has an internal footswitchable boost that is adjustable for gain and level, as well as presence and density (resonance) power amp controls. The best part is you can switch modules if you need a different sound. I am gonna likely grab the 18 watt version. Try one now and thank me later.

Stainboy
Orange Hero

Post by Stainboy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:46 pm

spewing wrote:This might sound ridiculous, but it works on my AD30... turn your treble all the way down and put your mid and bass at 12 o'clock. Jack the Master to 3 o'clock and gain up to taste. There is enough high end in the mids and the fizz is gone. The amp gets way punchier. Very Jimmy Page sounding. Hit it with a clean boot like a Keeley Katana and your are in 80's rock mode. Orange EQ is a strange beast.

Also, drop your homemade cab and snag a used Marshall 1960A. Even with stock speakers it makes a HUGE difference in the tightness of the amp.
This is very true. Dialing in EQ on an Orange is so much different than most amps, especially with a closed back cab. A good cab will always make the difference with any rig, but it's essential with any Orange head.
"What I call a dream involves Diana Dors and a bottle of chip oil!"

Swipe Card HERE