Fender USA Telecaster v Highway one telecaster

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

TheOrangeJuicer
Orange Master

Post by TheOrangeJuicer » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:57 pm

Just to throw a giant monkey wrench in the cognitive gears...

I have a Japanese Tele from about '96 that is an amazing player. I put new, USA Vintage Noiseless pickups in it, but it plays and sounds very sweet. The fit and finish is top quality. Another great guitar would be the Classic Player's Baja Tele. That thing must simply kick butt, even though I have not played it. I love every one of the features. So those are the more affordable options that might even sound better than a Highway One.

Top picks for quality and finish, plus nice sonic upgrades are the American Deluxe and a G. E. Smith Signature (if they even still make one). Obviously a Custom Shop model is going to be the best of the best but it'll cost dearly too. Several of us here were lucky enough to pick-up the CS '51 NoCasters and they are great sonically. The necks are definitely different. What's a real value if you like these is the Baja as it has the closest resemblence at a fraction of the cost.
-Bill

Orange Amplification full line dealer
http://www.uptownaudio.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.biglickamplification.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

greyvents
Orange Expert

Post by greyvents » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:06 pm

Andy, I didnt mean they arent good/ badly made!! I tried one and that played fine.

I just meant that in the mag they said that the h1 strat's bridge wasnt straight. hence i figured it must hv been a qc issue on that particular guitar.

hope didnt offend you - realise you have 2 of them!
Mark

Gibson Les Paul Standard
Fender Telecaster
Fender Classic Player 50s Strat
Orange TT, PPC 112
Cornford Roadhouse 30 Combo

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:17 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by greyvents</i>
<br />Andy, I didnt mean they arent good/ badly made!! I tried one and that played fine.

I just meant that in the mag they said that the h1 strat's bridge wasnt straight. hence i figured it must hv been a qc issue on that particular guitar.

hope didnt offend you - realise you have 2 of them!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

haha! NO, NO, Mark.... There was no offense at all.;):D I just wanted to see what the deal was. Maybe it was QC for the last model or just some of them.

Anywho.....you said nothing wrong.;)

Just don't say they suck cause then we be fightin'!!!!![:p][:p]LOL!
((((((((((((((((((((((((Andy))))))))))))))))))))

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:45 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by TheOrangeJuicer</i>
Another great guitar would be the Classic Player's Baja Tele. That thing must simply kick butt, even though I have not played it. ...

That would be my pick. I wish it had a Strat Partner.
The Highway One Series are great regardless of where they are made.
I, myself, am looking at a 50's Classic Players which was made in Mexico. I may grab it by week's end.
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

bfitz
Orange Expert

Post by bfitz » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:53 pm

if the strats are anything like the tele's id pick up the usa made tele if i was you dude. the highway is just a stripped down version and most likely you'll be reaching for a usa standard at some time anyway so i'd go with that one. Having said that i'd also keep an eye out for any japanese tele's i have a jap vintage reissue the pink paisley one and its way nicer to me anyway than any american tele ive played. just my opinion but im sure you'll find one just by playing them till u find one.

Tele's 4 life!!

Orange AD30
Groove Tubes Soul-O 75
Orange PPC 212 OB
Boss Nextone 40
Fender CIJ Pink Paisley Tele
Fender Classic Player Strat 50s
Yamaha SA1200s
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Jnr

rrrajo
Lord of Orange

Post by rrrajo » Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:59 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by neonrust</i>

Just don't say they suck cause then we be fightin'!!!!![:p][:p]LOL!

BTW, Andy's are not Standard Run-of-the-Mill Highways. They have the Signature Two Single Set-ups that Blackmore would be proud of.
Jimy...HM#5
--------------------

neonrust
Duke of Orange

Post by neonrust » Mon Mar 03, 2008 3:05 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rrrajo</i>
<br />
BTW, Andy's are not Standard Run-of-the-Mill Highways. They have the Signature Two Single Set-ups that Blackmore would be proud of.

HAha! Thanks Jimi!:D....I'm lovin' my cracked-out Stellacasters.8)
((((((((((((((((((((((((Andy))))))))))))))))))))