Wanting the Rockerverb with DIVO but problem is its 100watts

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Angelus

Wanting the Rockerverb with DIVO but problem is its 100watts

Post by Angelus » Sat May 04, 2013 11:17 pm

Hello, this is my first time posting. Im wanting to get the Rockerverb MKII DIVO embedded however the problem i'm worried about is that i wont be able to push the tubes as hard as id like to get good tone out of them. I would prefer to get a 50 watt version of the Rockerverb but the DIVO only supports 4 tube slots and not 2. I was thinking of getting an attenuator to help me get the tone i want out of it but i'm not sure if i should purchase one or not, i will be playing this is a bedroom setting and hopefully at small gigs in the future to give an idea of what i'm using it for. All input is greatly appreciated, thanks :)

Orange Hero

Re: Wanting the Rockerverb with DIVO but problem is its 100w

Post by 0000 » Sun May 05, 2013 12:29 am

Honestly, DIVO is only worth it if you're like, a touring musician that pushing their amp really hard night after night and they want that peace of mind and added security. Or, you're just a tube-junkie that wants to fart around with constantly swapping tubes in and out of your amp to see what sounds fractionally different.

If you're just a bedroom rockstar dreaming of one day playing a small gig... the Rockerverb 100 and DIVO are not for you. There are much better amps to check out that will satisfied your tone craving. Also, attenuators are never fully transparent and will almost always color the tone in some way or another. Not really recommended.
-Electrical Guitar Company "Buzzo" Double-Cut, Solid Aluminum, Gold Anodized.
-Gronlund Newcomb Custom aluminum hollow-body guitar.
-Matchless Phoenix 35 w/ Matchless 4x10 Cabinet

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Sun May 05, 2013 12:35 am

Thank you very much, what about biasing? the DIVO does it automatically but how much or how often is it to get it done in a shop? If i like the rockerverb, should i get the rockerverb 50 with a 212 instead of a 412 then? i love the tone and versatility it offers. I do like the TH30 but it doesn't offer me much variety it seems.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sun May 05, 2013 2:25 am

Angelus wrote:Thank you very much, what about biasing? the DIVO does it automatically but how much or how often is it to get it done in a shop? If i like the rockerverb, should i get the rockerverb 50 with a 212 instead of a 412 then? i love the tone and versatility it offers. I do like the TH30 but it doesn't offer me much variety it seems.
Your tubes will need biasing every time you need new tubes. Probably not often if your playing at low volumes, maybe a couple years. You can expect to pay anywhere between $100-$200 including tubes. If you want a 412 go for it. 212 are really good too. Just personal preference there regarding sound and physical size preference. But I agree that a Rockerverb 100 and DIVO would be overkill for you.

bclaire
Forum Moderator

Post by bclaire » Sun May 05, 2013 8:21 am

You can pull two tubes out and make it a 50 watt - either physically removing them or electronically removing them with the DIVO (which DOES come in a two tube model...)

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sun May 05, 2013 2:06 pm

If your concerned about the self biasing thing the AD30 and R30 are self biasing and are pretty darn loud ....dont be fooled by the 30 watt tag, certainly loud enough for most people in most situations.......in fact the AD30 need to be cooking to get the best from it.
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

Ronnie Robinson
Orange Master

Post by Ronnie Robinson » Sun May 05, 2013 2:10 pm

Angelus wrote:Hello, this is my first time posting. Im wanting to get the Rockerverb MKII DIVO embedded however the problem i'm worried about is that i wont be able to push the tubes as hard as id like to get good tone out of them. I would prefer to get a 50 watt version of the Rockerverb but the DIVO only supports 4 tube slots and not 2. I was thinking of getting an attenuator to help me get the tone i want out of it but i'm not sure if i should purchase one or not, i will be playing this is a bedroom setting and hopefully at small gigs in the future to give an idea of what i'm using it for. All input is greatly appreciated, thanks :)
Unless you live somewhere where you can really turn up its crazy thinking of getting a 50 watt valve amp for bedroom use ........
Orange AD30 HTC
Orange Rocker 15 terror
Orange Tiny Terror HW,
Fender elite Start, Gibson SG 61,fender telecaster

Previously Owned - Rocker 30

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue May 07, 2013 6:26 am

bclaire wrote:You can pull two tubes out and make it a 50 watt - either physically removing them or electronically removing them with the DIVO (which DOES come in a two tube model...)
DIVO comes in a 50 watt?

Angelus

Post by Angelus » Tue May 07, 2013 6:32 am

Unless you live somewhere where you can really turn up its crazy thinking of getting a 50 watt valve amp for bedroom use ........

Rockerverb doesn't come in anything less :(

RickenBangler
Orange Hero

Post by RickenBangler » Tue May 07, 2013 7:11 am

Angelus wrote:

Rockerverb doesn't come in anything less :(
Get your hands on an OR15 - if the blurb is to be believed it is based on the Rockerverb dirty channel. Stick a 2x12 with that and crank it. You will get better results by pushing this than by running a stupid big stack choked right back. Cleans with a noisy drummer in a rehearsal room? - Nah, but it won't have cost you much and you'll have a nice cab for your Rockerverb when that becomes a necessity. Take care of your earholes mate, the OR15 in a bedroom setting is more than capable of causing hearing damage...

No biasing issues either :wink:
CR60C+PPC112 Mini Stack
Rickenbacker 620/6 JetGlo | G&L Fallout | Fender P-Bass
MarkBass Micromark 801
Past Orange Relationships Micro Crush | Crush CR35LDX | Tiny Terror | OR15/PPC112

The Provocateurs Bandcamp