Tiny Terror Vs. Tiny Terror HardWired

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

JS023

Tiny Terror Vs. Tiny Terror HardWired

Post by JS023 » Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:13 pm

I've been reading the forum and you guys really seem to know your amps, especially Orange amps, so I would greatly appreciate your feedback. So then, Tiny Terror or Tiny Terror Hardwired ?? Why ?? Thank You for the help!

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Re: Tiny Terror Vs. Tiny Terror HardWired

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:58 pm

If you are asking if the HW is worth the extra dough, it really depends on whether you have the extra dough to spend. It is apparently a bit more dynamic, though they are still substantially similar in tone. I'd go for the HW if you can spare the cash - unless you can compare them side-by-side first to see for yourself how they differ. You can always find a PCB version later though. The HW is a bit more rare.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:05 am

Well, tiny terror is an awesome sounding little workhorse of a rock n roll amplifer, which lead to the hard wired edition being made. I tested them both side by side through the same cab and the hard wired to my ears had a little more thick natural sound to it. However, it does cost close to double the price and the regular TT, regardless of the hard wired sounding a little nicer, is still one of, if not the best sounding lunchbox amp I've played. I just got a Dual Terror, traded in my Rockerverb 50 mkll for it, and I have to say I'm enjoying it every bit as much. I can't get as loud with a clean tone, but the guitars volume knob does an OK job of that. I would actually compare the Hard wired tone closer to the Fat Channel on the Dual Terror tone wise. I think the Hard wire is great for the collector, or tone freak that wants to spend the cash. Also, if you ever need to repair something, it will be easier to do or even upgrading the amp.

OrangePaul
Orange Master

Post by OrangePaul » Sat Aug 20, 2011 1:25 am

^ Yeah this is more the question that I've been pondering...Dual Terror or TT Hardwired?
Paul.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Sat Aug 20, 2011 2:01 am

OrangePaul wrote:^ Yeah this is more the question that I've been pondering...Dual Terror or TT Hardwired?
Me personally, would go dual terror. Still a great sounding lunchbox amp with more options. When it's cranked, it's sounds even better, I don't think you'd notice a difference all that much at high volume.

indianDYsummer
Orange Master

Post by indianDYsummer » Sun Aug 21, 2011 6:30 am

It should be said that as far as reliability is concerned, there seem to be a lot more posts about problems with the TT handwired than the regular Tiny Terror. There are also TONS more regular TTs out in the field too, so it seems like a hugely disproportionate amount of TTHWs have electronics issues.

So, even though you would think a PTP amp would be more reliable, the number of posts made here seem to suggest otherwise. I'd personally get a DT with the extra money, or just a regular TT.

brianr0131
Orange Master

Post by brianr0131 » Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:11 pm

indianDYsummer wrote:It should be said that as far as reliability is concerned, there seem to be a lot more posts about problems with the TT handwired than the regular Tiny Terror. There are also TONS more regular TTs out in the field too, so it seems like a hugely disproportionate amount of TTHWs have electronics issues.

So, even though you would think a PTP amp would be more reliable, the number of posts made here seem to suggest otherwise. I'd personally get a DT with the extra money, or just a regular TT.
That's great advice. I just got one and love it.
Mesa Road King-Carvin Legacy 212-Silvertone 1484-Parker Fly DLX-Les Paul Trad Pro-USA ASAT-LP Junior-60's Tribute LP GTop-HWY1 Strat-Esquire Build-Peavey Predator-VHT Valvulator-Bud Wah-CMAT Signa Drive-Keeley Mod DS1-Monte Allum Dyna Comp-TU2-CE5-GE7-DD7