Finally got my TH30

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Re: Finally got my TH30

Post by Jondog » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:47 am

Have you played a Tiny Terror? If so how would you rate the tone/sound/feel of the TH30 to it? I just ordered a TH30. Sold my TT a year ago and replaced it with an Egnater Rebel 30 only because I wanted two channels and an effects loop. I loved the feel and sound of the TT which the Eganter lacks to my ear. I wished for a tiny terrorish amp with two channels and an effects loop to come along and was excited about the Dual Terror until I found out it had no effects loop. Hoping the TH30 will answer my wish!

beckyjc
Tiny Terror

Post by beckyjc » Fri Sep 24, 2010 6:51 pm

Yeah, ill prolly make a TB loop for it. Im thinking i need a one spot though.

^Ive not tried it, ive heard it in person played by someone else tho. It had much to be desired vs this.

Anyone know how modern oranges are dated?

#2 June 2010?
Kinda cool.
Twit | ElementFX

Orange TH30 Head
Orange PPC112

Jackson Dinky, Fender CIJ 62 RI Jag, Fender 92 MIM Standard Tele, Fender MIM '04 Stratocaster
+Too many pedals

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:09 pm

That does correspond with my understanding of the current Orange numbering system. Not sure if that's #2 of production of the TH30 or #2 of June. I would bet it's #2 overall, as production wouldn't have been going on too much earlier than June as far as I can tell.

Memphis
Tiny Terror

Post by Memphis » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:58 am

Any news on availability in the UK yet? I'm after a black one ASAP...

lamp
Tiny Terror

Post by lamp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:27 pm

Memphis wrote:Any news on availability in the UK yet? I'm after a black one ASAP...
I saw one (not black) in town this afternoon, so they are here.

BadMonkey
Tiny Terror

Post by BadMonkey » Sun May 08, 2011 2:24 pm

beckyjc wrote:I do plan to at some point.

Yeah ill try one up the tone king, cant promise my playing will be better though. :p:

Using my OD does tighten the whole thing up alot, much less flubby.

What im really interested in is if anyone else is having these noise issues with the thunder?

It isnt like subtle background hum, on the dirty channel anyway, its pretty prominent, and im wondering if maybe i should get in touch with orange and ask them for a new set of valves.
we have like the same problems, is yours like a full on hiss and is yours making a demented screeching noise some of the time?

thats what mine does :(
I also need to use an OD, without it's quite fuzz and flubby.

I don't think theres anything wrong with the amp, it happened to loads of people.... the valves aren't blown or broken there just shitty chines ones :(
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:

bavaro
Orange Hero

Post by bavaro » Sun May 08, 2011 2:47 pm

BadMonkey wrote:
we have like the same problems, is yours like a full on hiss and is yours making a demented screeching noise some of the time?

I don't think theres anything wrong with the amp, it happened to loads of people.... the valves aren't blown or broken there just shitty chines ones :(
no...it's not because they are "shitty chinese ones", the quality of the stock tubes is fine. and i wouldn't say 'loads' of people have this problem, there are like 10 of us on this board who have thunder 30s, and of those who complained, i think everyone but you found it to be a bad tube. bad tubes happen, regardless of brand. anyways, it could be a bad tube, or it could be the wall outlet (some houses don't have 'perfect' power running through them to the outlets) you are using. these amps have a lot of gain, and either a bad tube or a funky wall outlet mixed with that is bound to produce noise. we've already told you that you seem to have a tube BadMonkey, so maybe instead of ragging on the tube and sound quality of a high quality amp like orange, get your amp fixed using the warranty they graciously provide...

oh wait no we told KAMI all this, silly me...

so to the OP, i might suggest seeing if any of the tubes are microphonic, or get a new 12ax7 and swap it around in each spot and see if you can find the bad tube that way. otherwise, give orange a call, they are always willing to help and get you good to go.
Rocker 30
strymon el cap
tc polytune
apogee one
harpoon hefeweizen

baytamusic
Duke of Orange

Post by baytamusic » Sun May 08, 2011 3:48 pm

They are sh!tty though when put up against something good. ;)

BadMonkey
Tiny Terror

Post by BadMonkey » Sun May 08, 2011 7:05 pm

bavaro wrote:
BadMonkey wrote:

no...it's not because they are "shitty chinese ones", the quality of the stock tubes is fine. and i wouldn't say 'loads' of people have this problem, there are like 10 of us on this board who have thunder 30s, and of those who complained, i think everyone but you found it to be a bad tube. bad tubes happen, regardless of brand. anyways, it could be a bad tube, or it could be the wall outlet (some houses don't have 'perfect' power running through them to the outlets) you are using. these amps have a lot of gain, and either a bad tube or a funky wall outlet mixed with that is bound to produce noise. we've already told you that you seem to have a tube BadMonkey, so maybe instead of ragging on the tube and sound quality of a high quality amp like orange, get your amp fixed using the warranty they graciously provide...

oh wait no we told KAMI all this, silly me...

so to the OP, i might suggest seeing if any of the tubes are microphonic, or get a new 12ax7 and swap it around in each spot and see if you can find the bad tube that way. otherwise, give orange a call, they are always willing to help and get you good to go.
just emailed them :D
:D :) :( :o :shock: :? 8) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :twisted: :roll: :wink: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen:

jason41224
Orange Master

Post by jason41224 » Sun May 08, 2011 10:21 pm

really, BadMonkey are you sure that this amp from you? in every post i see from you it looks like you really need an Engl or a Boogie. oranges are fairly fuzzy sounding amps, even the more modern ones like the TH30. they have fine low end to me, but every metalhead that's played my amp said it wasn't tight enough. then they walk back to their Peavey 6505 and are satisfied, while i giggle the night away. yes tubes can make a differnece, but they can't change the basic sound of your amp. a nos GE 12AX7 won't turn an Engl into a vintage Marshall, so why would it turn an Orange into a Peavey?
Jason
Rocker 30
too many pedals