Tiny Terror - Loud enough to gig with ?

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:49 pm

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Guitar-Sam</i>
<br />I sold my Marshall Jubilee right after I bought mine,the TT so imbarresingly blew it away I canned it to the ebay wolves.
I allways mic up and I've played 800 seat venues with mine with no problems and my volume stays on 4 no matter what(were I like the tone),recording studio,bar room,theatre,outdoors etc....
The SM-57 is the perfect compliment to the TT IMO.;)You can allways mic up low volume GOOD tone,but you can't allways get good tone outta a loud amp.....Damn thats like a chinese proverb.:D
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes, but a bad soundman will butcher your tone.

My take, as I've said before (as a full time soundman), is you need to have some stage volume projecting out and use the PA to balance the FoH mix. The sound of a guitar amp is much better than the sound of a mic'd guitar amp any day even with a good soundman. It's a balance. Hence why I don't see the TT as a viable gigging amp. You'll have to rely on the PA and soundman to make you audible out front in a loud venue.
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

Knuckle Bones
Orange Master

Post by Knuckle Bones » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:51 pm

oh, and that proverb....kinda silly....'cos you can get good tone out of a loud amp and bad tone out of a low volume. ;-)
“It's amazing what new strings and a cold beer can do for your toneâ€

TJ_Lee
Orange Master

Post by TJ_Lee » Wed Jul 23, 2008 6:53 pm

I think its plenty loud with a 412. But then again there are those drummers that hit like gorillas.
Fender Telecaster '52 AVRI > Korg PB > Keeley BD-2 > Zendrive > Boss DD-3 > Boss DD-20 > Dr. Z Maz 18 > Two-Rock 212

Hit List: Two-Rock Emerald Pro/Bruno Cowtipper Pro II 35