My new "Orange OR15 plexi sound"

Orange Amps General Forum

Moderator: bclaire

fer_23_43

My new "Orange OR15 plexi sound"

Post by fer_23_43 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:22 am

Hi!
I´m new in this forum, I´m from Spain, so sorry about my english because I don´t speak very well.
Ok, now some pictures of the orange OR15 with another schematic from a 18 watt plexi hand wired point to point.
I did it because my favorite sound is the "broun sound" from the plexis of the 70´s, but my favorite amps are the Orange.

Pictures:

Thanks for watching, and every opinions are wellcome :wink: :wink:
orange or18 plexi hand wired

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Re: My new "Orange OR15 plexi sound"

Post by a.hun » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:25 pm

Hi fer_23_43.

Well well, an 'Orange' which WILL sound like a Marshall. That's pretty unique! 8)

Nicely done, though that isn't 'point to point' but turret board construction - which is much neater! Point to point construction means that the components are (literally) just soldered directly to each other - hence the name... :shock:

Ignoring a couple of wires this is what real point to point construction looks like:

Yep, a complete rats nest!!!

Funnily enough that is the inside of my little TOA 10W PA amp which sounds really good for guitar. Very like a 20W Marshall in fact! :lol:

Nit picking aside though, that looks very nicely put together. You build it yourself? Excellent job! :!:

Andy.
aNDyH. :wink:

Ever tried to outstare a mirror?

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 pm

PS... Black Crowes???

Andy.

In the bathtub of history the truth is harder to hold than the soap, and much more difficult to find!

fer_23_43

Post by fer_23_43 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:39 pm

a.hun wrote:Hi fer_23_43.

Well well, an 'Orange' which WILL sound like a Marshall. That's pretty unique! 8)

Nicely done, though that isn't 'point to point' but turret board construction - which is much neater! Point to point construction means that the components are (literally) just soldered directly to each other - hence the name... :shock:

Ignoring a couple of wires this is what real point to point construction looks like:

Yep, a complete rats nest!!!

Funnily enough that is the inside of my little TOA 10W PA amp which sounds really good for guitar. Very like a 20W Marshall in fact! :lol:

Nit picking aside though, that looks very nicely put together. You build it yourself? Excellent job! :!:

Andy.
hi! thanks a lot for your answer! I didn´t know that it isn´t point to point, I learned that today, so thanks for the info :D :D

I didn´t build it. It was made by Jesús Curiel, from Granada Audio. I like the idea of an amplifier which looks like an orange with plexi sound.
Sorry again, i dont speak too much english, and thanks a lot for your attention and information!! :D :D

fer_23_43

Post by fer_23_43 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:42 pm

About the flight case, It isn´t from the Black Crowes, but It needs to have something more interesting, so I painted that :mrgreen:
Thanks a lot :D

fer_23_43

Post by fer_23_43 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:53 pm

thank´s a lot for your answer and info :D :D

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:57 pm

Pleasure! Enjoy that rig - bet it sounds great! :D

Andy.

Orangesoda
Orange Hero

Post by Orangesoda » Mon Aug 05, 2013 4:05 pm

fer_23_43 wrote:Hi!
I´m new in this forum, I´m from Spain, so sorry about my english because I don´t speak very well.
Ok, now some pictures of the orange OR15 with another schematic from a 18 watt plexi hand wired point to point.
I did it because my favorite sound is the "broun sound" from the plexis of the 70´s, but my favorite amps are the Orange.

Thanks for watching, and every opinions are wellcome :wink: :wink:
Fer! Me imagino que hablas español? Tienes un video de como suena esta creacion tuya?!

Translation: Cool amp, bro.

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Mon Aug 05, 2013 6:58 pm

Cool, but my only question is , why? Why not just build the amp without sacrificing an OR15? It'd be cheaper to buy better transformers, and a new chassis.

fer_23_43

Post by fer_23_43 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 8:30 pm

Orangesoda, gracias por la respuesta tio, pues estoy detrás de gravar algo con alguna cámara en condiciones porque es que yo no tengo ninguna, y tampoco manejo programas de grabación de estudio y tal, pero bueno, se hará lo que se pueda :D

Jondog wrote:Cool, but my only question is , why? Why not just build the amp without sacrificing an OR15? It'd be cheaper to buy better transformers, and a new chassis.
I bought that amp, but I didn´t like too much how did it sound, and I decided make a plexi into this amplifier, because making a new amplifier was to expensive to me, and I did need a 212 cabinet.
Thanks a lot again!! :D :D

Randy Bass
Lord of Orange

Post by Randy Bass » Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:17 am

It looks a lot better than a CeriaTone in a M*rshall knockoff box, but I also wonder why it was worth sacrificing an OR15. What happened to the PCB from the OR15?

fer_23_43

Post by fer_23_43 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:14 am

Randy Bass wrote:It looks a lot better than a CeriaTone in a M*rshall knockoff box, but I also wonder why it was worth sacrificing an OR15. What happened to the PCB from the OR15?
The PCB from the OR15 is as new, I didn´t modified it, so If I decided make an amplifier, I only have to buy the transformer, chassis :D :D

fer_23_43

Post by fer_23_43 » Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:23 pm

Does anyone tried to make an orange with another sound?? for example, a orange with tweed sound?? :D :D

Jondog
Duke of Orange

Post by Jondog » Tue Aug 06, 2013 3:03 pm

fer_23_43 wrote:Does anyone tried to make an orange with another sound?? for example, a orange with tweed sound?? :D :D
Generally around here, people are quite happy with the way their Orange sounds and stick to that.

a.hun
Duke of Orange

Post by a.hun » Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:21 pm

fer_23_43 wrote:Does anyone tried to make an orange with another sound?? for example, a orange with tweed sound?? :D :D
Nope. The Orange sound is typically very low and low mids strong. That is what they do and have always done! :wink:

Nearest they ever got to a 'Tweed' sound was the big old Hustler which was a clean powerful 'Fender 'style amp.

So not that close really! :lol:

Andy.